¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 19:25  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
ªÑ»ù¤Ï¬M±`§Q¡A¦Ó«D²b§Q¡A
GSK¬O©úÅã¨Ò¤l¡A
¥Î²b§QºâGSKªÑ»ù¬O¶Qªº¡C

Stock prices are based on recurring profit rather than net profit, which is exemplified by GSK. Using net profit to calculate GSK's stock price would be expensive.

¥i¬O¥H±`§Q¨Óºâ«o¬O«K©yªº¡A
ªÑ»ù¶^¨ì¦¹´N¶^¤£¤U¤F¡A
Åã¥ÜªÑ»ù¤Ï¬M±`§Q¡A¦Ó«D²b§Q¡C

However, using recurring profit to calculate GSK's stock price is cheap. The stock price cannot fall below the cheap price, indicating that the stock price reflects recurring profit rather than net profit.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 19:35  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 

§Ú­Ì­n¥ÎªÑ®§§é²{¤½¦¡(IRR)¨Óºâ§ë¸ê³ø¹S²v¡A
¶R¶i»ùµ¥¥¼¨Ó8¦~ªÑ®§©M½æ¥X»ùªº§é²{­È¡A
©Ò¿×§é²{­È¬O°£¥H1+rªº´X¦¸¤è¡A
r = ¥­§¡³ø¹S²v¡A
¥Î³o­Ó»ù®æ¶R¶i¡A«ù¦³¥¼¨Ó8¦~¡A¥­§¡¨C¦~³ø¹S²v r¡C

The internal rate of return (IRR) is utilized for computing the return on investment. The purchase price is determined by discounting the value of dividends and the selling price over the next 8 years. The discounted value is then divided by the power of 1+r, where r denotes the average rate of return. One should purchase the asset at this price and hold it for the next 8 years, earning an average annual rate of return r.

³o±ø¤½¦¡¬O§ë¸ê¾Ç¤W³Ì­«­nªº¤½¦¡¡A
¤£ºÞ°µ¥ô¦ó§ë¸ê³£¥Î¥¦¨Óºâ³ø¹S²v¡A
ªÑ²¼¡B¶Å¨é¡B©Ð¤l¡B¶Àª÷¡B«OÀI¡K§¡¾A¥Î¡C
ªá1¤d¸U¤¸¶R¤@¼l©Ð¤l¡A¯²¥X¥h¨C¦~¥i¦¬10¸U¤¸¯²ª÷¡A
²Ä8¦~¥H1,200¸U¤¸½æ±¼¡A8¦~¤U¨Ó¦~¥­§¡³ø¹S²v§Y r¡C

This formula is considered the most crucial in investment science. Regardless of the investment type, it can be applied to calculate the rate of return. This includes stocks, bonds, houses, gold, insurance, and more. For instance, suppose a house costs $10 million to purchase, with an annual rent of $100,000. If sold for $12 million in the eighth year, the average annual rate of return after eight years would be denoted as r.

§é²{¤½¦¡·½¦Û©³¤UÆ[©À¡G
100¤¸§ë¸ê 1 ¦~ÅÜ120¡A³o¥y¸Ü¼g¦¨¼Æ¾Ç¦¡¤l¦p¦óªí¥Ü¡H
100(1+r) = 120

The IRR is based on the fundamental concept of an investment of $100 transforming into $120 in one year. This sentence can be expressed in mathematical formula as: 100(1+r) = 120.

§â100§ï¦¨¡u¶R¡v¡A120§ï¬°¡u®§1¡Ï½æ¡v
§Y±o ¶R(1+r) = ®§1¡Ï½æ  
²¾¶µ¡A¶R=®§1/(1+r) ¡Ï ½æ/(1+r)......(1¦¡)

Change 100 to "buy" and 120 to "dividend1 + sell"
then buy (1+r) = dividend 1 + sell
Transfer item, buy = dividend 1/(1+r) + sell/(1+r)......(Formula 1)

¦A¨Ó¡A100¤¸§ë¸ê2¦~ÅÜ120¡A³o¥y¸Ü¦p¦ó¥Î¦¡¤lªí¥Ü¡H
100(1+r)^2 = 120

Next, investment of $100 will change to $120 in 2 years.
How to express this sentence in a formula ?
100(1+r)^2 = 120

§â100§ï¦¨¡u¶R¡v¡A120§ï¬°¡u®§2¡Ï½æ¡v
±o ¶R=®§2/(1+r)^2¡Ï ½æ/(1+r)^2......(2¦¡)

Change 100 to "buy" and 120 to "dividend2 + sell"
Get buy=dividend2/(1+r)^2¡Ï sell/(1+r)^2......(Formula 2)

¶RªÑ²¼ªºª¬ªp¬O¡G
¶R¤FªÑ²¼¡A²Ä1¦~°t®§1¡A²Ä2¦~°t®§2¤ÎªÑ²¼½æ¥X¡A
¨ä¹ê¬O1¦¡©M2¦¡ªººî¦X¡G
¶R¤FªÑ²¼ ¡× ¶R
²Ä1¦~°t®§1 ¡× ®§1/(1+r)
²Ä2¦~°t®§2 ¡× ®§2/(1+r)^2
ªÑ²¼½æ¥X ¡× ½æ/(1+r)^2
©Ò¥H ¶R = ®§1/(1+r)+®§2/(1+r)^2+...+½æ/(1+r)^2

The status of buying stocks is:
I bought the stock, the first year dividend1, the second year dividend2 and the stock sold,
It is actually a combination of Formula 1 and Formula 2:
Stock bought = buy
First year dividend1 = dividend1/(1+r)
Second year dividend2 = dividend2/(1+r)^2
Stock sold = sell/(1+r)^2
So buy = dividend1/(1+r)+dividend2/(1+r)^2+...+sell/(1+r)^2

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 19:42  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
³o¸Ì¦³3­Ó°ÝÃD¡G
1. ªÑ®§¦³µL¦A§ë¤J¶RªÑ¡H
¦³¤H§â§é²{¤½¦¡¨âÃä­¼¥H(1+r)^8¡A®i¶}¤§«á¦¡¤lÅܦ¨
¶R(1 + r)^8 = ®§1(1+r)^7 + ®§2(1+r)^6 + ¡K¡K
¥E¬Ý¤§¤U¨C¦~°t¥X¨ÓªºªÑ®§¦n¹³¦³¦A§ë¤J¶RªÑ¡H
ªÑ®§§é²{¤½¦¡ªºªÑ®§¨Ã¥¼¦A§ë¤J¡C

There are 3 questions here:
1. Are dividends reinvested in stock purchases ?
Someone multiplies both sides of discount formula by (1+r)^8, and the formula becomes
Buy (1 + r)^8 = dividend1(1+r)^7 + dividend2(1+r)^6 + ¡K¡K
At first glance, it seems that dividends paid out every year have been invested in buying shares ?
Dividends of dividend discount formula are not reinvested.

©³¤U¦¡¤l¤~¬O¦³¦A§ë¤J¡A
ªÑ®§¦A§ë¤J¶RªÑ¡A«h¤À¤l¬°0¡A
³Ì«á½æ¥X»ù±N¤£¥u 1 ªÑ¦Ó¬O¦n´XªÑ

The formula below is used for reinvesting dividends. If dividends are used to purchase shares, the numerator will be 0. The final selling price will not be for a single share but for multiple shares.

ÁÂÁ³¯·s¤¸®á«ü¾É¡C

Thanks to Sinyuen Chen for his instruction.

2. ªÑ¤l©O¡AÂ\¦b­þùØ¡H
ªÑ¤l©M¥ÀªÑ¥þÂk¨ì³Ì«áªº½æ¥X»ù¡A½æ = ¥ÀªÑ+¤lªÑ¡C

2. Where are the stock dividends?
The stock dividends, along with the parent stock, are both factored into the final selling price. Therefore, the selling price equals the sum of the parent stock and the stock dividends.

3. ¬°¦ó­n°²³]¨ì8¦~¡H
¦P¾Ç¬Ý¨ì8¦~´NÀY¥Öµo³Â¡A
»¡¡u§ÚªÑ²¼³s8¤Ñ³£¨S©ê¹L¡A¹N½×8¦~¡I¡v
³o±ø¤½¦¡¥¼±j¨î­n©ê¦h¤[¡A¥u¬Oºâ¤@­Ó¼Æ¦rµ¹¤j®a°Ñ¦Ò¡C
¥ô¦ó§ë¸ê²z½×³£­n®É¶¡°÷ªø¤~·|¦¨¥ß¡A
§Úªº¥D±i¡u°ªROE¡A«K©y¶R¡A«OÃÒ¯àÁȨì¤j¿ú¡v
¶·¦b¤°»ò«eÃD¤U¤~¦¨¥ß¡H®É¶¡­n°÷ªø¡I

3. Why should we assume a period of 8 years?
The assumption of an 8-year period made some students uneasy and they exclaimed, "I haven't held stocks for 8 days, let alone 8 years!" However, it is important to note that this formula does not mandate any specific holding period but rather provides a reference point. Investment theories are typically based on sufficiently long assumptions. My proposition is to "buy cheap with a high ROE, and guarantee big returns." However, for this proposition to hold true, it must be established under certain prerequisites, with the most critical being a sufficiently long investment horizon.

«ù¦³®É¶¡­n¦hªø¡H
¬ÝÁÙ­ìªÑ»ù¡A§Y«K¤¤ºÒ¡A­Y¶È¦^ÅU2¦~¤£«OÃÒÁÈ¿ú¡A
ªñ2¦~ÁÙ­ìªÑ»ù49-57¤¸¡A¤£¦p¾ú¥v³Ì°ª»ù95-96¤¸°ª¡C
¥i¬O¦^ÅU5¦~¥H¤W«h¤@©wÁÈ¿ú¡A
ÁÙ­ìªÑ»ù81-102¤¸¡A»·°ª©ó¾ú¥vªÑ»ù45-60¤¸¡C

What is the optimal holding period? Examining the adjusted stock price of China Steel Chemical, it is not a guarantee of profit if we only consider the past 2 years. Over this period, the stock price has fluctuated between NT$49-NT$57, which is lower than the historical high of NT$95-NT$96. However, looking back over the past 5 years, it is likely to be profitable as the adjusted stock price has ranged from NT$81-NT$102, much higher than the historical stock price of NT$45-NT$60.

¦Ü©ó5¦~¥H¤W¡A¦P¾Ç°Ý¡u¬°¦ó¤£¨ú6¦~¡B7¦~¡A«o¬D8¦~¡H¡v
³o´NµLªk¸ÑÄÀ¤F¡A
¦]¾ã®Mºâªk¬O§Ú·íªì¦b¨º­Óªº®É­Ô¬ðµM·Q¨ì¡A
´N¯ó¯óµ²§ô¡A¿Ç¤l¤@©Ô¡A¥X¨ÓÅRÆE¥z©Ô¥´°_¨Ó¡A
·í®É§L¯î°¨¶Ã¨S·Q¤Ó¦h¡A¤Ï¥¿8¦~´Nµ¹¥¦¤Ú¤U¥h¡C
·í³o­Ó¬Õ¦Aªí¬O§Úµo©úªº¡A¤S¦¨¬°¤j®v®É¡A
´N¤£¥Î¸ò¤H¸ÑÄÀ¡A
¤£µM...¤j®a³£¤£­n¥Î°Ú¡I
·R¦]´µ©Z»¡ e = mc^2¡A¥L¤]¨S¸ÑÄÀ¬°¦ó­n¥­¤è°Ú¡A
¬°¦ó¤£3¦¸¤è¡B4¦¸¤è¡H
§Ú­Ì¦PÄݤj®v¯Åªº¤Hª«´N¤£¥²¸ÑÄÀ¤F¡C
Ãø©Ç¦³¦P¾Ç½|§Ú±o¤F¤jÀY¯g¡I

As for more than 5 years, students asked "Why not pick 6 or 7 years but 8 years ?" This is unexplainable. The whole algorithm was suddenly thought of when I sit there, it ended hastily, and I pulled up my pants, I came out and started fighting. At that time, I didn't think too much about it. Anyway, I gave it to it for 8 years. When I invented this On's table and became a investment master, I don¡¦t have to explain to others. Otherwise...Don't everyone use it ! Einstein said that e = mc^2, and he didn¡¦t explain why it should be squared. Why not 3rd, 4th power ? We both are masters, so there is no need to explain. No wonder some students scolded me for macrocephaly !

«á¨Ó¦P¾Ç®³1991¦~³ø¤W¤Úµá¯SÁ|ªº¨Ò¤l­n§Úºâµ¹¥L¬Ý¡A
³oµª®×2,500¸U¤¸¬O«ç»òºâ¥X¨Óªº¡H
§Ú¥N¤J¬Õ¦Aªí¤WIRRªº­pºâªí¡Aµ²ªG»P¦Ñ¤Úªºµª®×¬Û¦P¡A
¸Óªíªº¦~¼Æ´N¬O8¦~¡AÅ㨣¦Ñ¤Ú¤]¥Î8¦~¦bºâ¡C

A student asked me to demonstrate how Mr. Buffett calculated the answer of $25 million, using an example cited in his 1991 annual report. I used the IRR calculation in On's table and substituted the numbers from the example. The result I obtained was the same as Buffett's. It's worth noting that the table covers an eight-year period, which is consistent with the timeframe used by Buffett.

4. §é²{¤½¦¡«üªº¬OªÑ®§¡A¦Ó«D¦Û¥Ñ²{ª÷¬y¶q¡A
­Y¬O¥Î¦Û¥Ñ²{ª÷¬y¶q¨Óºâ¡A
«hÂX¼t¼W¥[¸ê¥»¤ä¥X¡A¦Û¥Ñ²{ª÷¬y¶q´î¤Ö¡A
¤º¦b»ù­È¤Ï¦Ó¤U­°¡A³o´N¥Ù¬Þ¤F¡C
ÂX¼tÀ³¸Ó¥i¥HÁȧó¦hªº¿ú¡A¼W¥[¤º¦b»ù­È¡C

4. IRR calculation pertains to dividends, not free cash flow. If calculated based on free cash flow, the increased capital expenditures for factory expansion may reduce free cash flow and lower its intrinsic value, which is a contradiction. The expansion of the factory should lead to higher earnings and an increase in intrinsic value.

5. §é²{¤½¦¡§ó¤£¬O«ü¸ê²£­t¶Åªí¤Wªº²{ª÷¡A
¥¼°t¥X¨Óªº²{ª÷¤£ÄÝ©óªÑªFªº³ø¹S¡C
¤½¥q¦³²{ª÷100¤¸¡A«á¨Ó­Ë³¬¡AªÑ»ùÂk0¡AªÑªF¤@µL©Ò¦³¡C
­Y§â100¤¸°t®§¥X¨Ó¡A§Y«K«á¨Ó­Ë³¬ªÑ»ùÅܦ¨ 0¡A
ªÑªF¤´«O¦³100¤¸¡C

5. IRR is not related to cash on the balance sheet. Unallocated cash does not contribute to shareholders' returns. For instance, if a company has $100 in cash and goes bankrupt, with its stock price falling to zero, the shareholders will receive nothing. However, if the company distributes a dividend of $100, the shareholders will still retain the cash even if the stock price falls to zero after bankruptcy.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 19:52  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
±µ¤U¨Ó­pºâ¥¼¨Ó8¦~ªºªÑ®§©M³Ì«á½æ¥X»ù¡A
­º¥ý­nª¾¹D°_©lNAV 18.7¡×¥h¦~²b­È¡Ò³Ì·sªÑ¼Æ¡A
¦]ªÑ¼Æ§ì³Ì·sªº¡A¹J¨ì°£Åv®É¶Q²Q»ù·|¸òµÛ½Õ¾ã¡C

Firstly, we need to determine the starting NAV by dividing last year's net assets by the current number of shares, which is 18.7. As the number of shares is up to date, the stock price will be adjusted accordingly when ex-rights are encountered. Next, we can calculate the dividends and final selling price for the next 8 years.

³o­Ó¨Ò¤l¥ÎÁ¿½Z14/21ªº¨úªk±o¨ì¹w´ÁROE 21%¡C
EPS 3.9¡×ROE 21% x NAV 18.7

In this example, we apply the method discussed in Lecture 14/21 to calculate an anticipated ROE of 21%.
EPS 3.9¡×ROE 21% x NAV 18.7

­nºâªº¤£¬OEPS¡A¦Ó¬O¹j¦~°t¦h¤Ö®§¡H
ªÑ®§ = EPS x °t®§²v¡A
»Ý­nºâ¥¼¨Óªº¹w´Á°t®§²v

The goal is not to calculate EPS but rather to determine the amount of dividends that will be paid out next year. This can be achieved by multiplying EPS by the dividend payout ratio. To do so, we must first calculate the anticipated dividend payout ratio.

¹w´Á°t®§²v = (¹L¥h°t®§²v+(1-¬Õ¦A²v))/2

¨ä¤¤ 0<1-¬Õ¦A²v<1
¬°¦ó­n¸ò1-¬Õ¦A²v¥­§¡¡H
¦]¬Õ¦A²v·|¼vÅT¥¼¨Óªº°t®§²v¡A
¬Õ¦A²v°ª¡A¥¼¨Ó°t®§²v§C¡C

Expected dividend payout ratio = (past dividend payout ratio + (1 - PR%))/2

Where 0<1 - PR%<1
Why do we need to calculate the average of 1 - PR%? Because PR% can impact the future dividend payout ratio. Specifically, the higher the PR%, the lower the expected future dividend payout ratio.

¹L¥h°t®§²v§ì¹L¥h3¦~°t®§²v¨ú¤¤¦ì¼Æ¡A
3 ­Ó¤§¤¤ªº¨º¤@­Ó¡A¨ú¤¤¶¡­È¬°ÁקK·¥ºÝ­È¡C

The dividend payout ratio for the past three years is the median of the three ratios. The median is the middle value and is utilized to avoid extreme values.

¹L¥h3¦~°t®§²v±Ä¯Â°t®§²v»P¥[­p®wÂêѰt®§²v¤§¥­§¡¡A
¦]­Y³æ¥Î¯Â°t®§²v¨Óºâ·|°ª¦ô¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¡F
³æ¥Î¥[­p®wÂêѤS§C¦ô¡A
¬G¨ú¨âªÌ¥­§¡¡C

The dividend payout ratio for the past three years is calculated by averaging the pure dividend payout ratio and the payout ratio of added treasury stocks. Relying solely on the pure dividend payout ratio can lead to an overestimation of the expected return, while using only the payout ratio of added treasury stocks can undervalue it. Therefore, we take the average of the two to achieve a more accurate calculation.

³Ì«á¡A¹w´Á°t®§²v¤£±o§C©ó¹L¥h3¦~°t®§²v¤§9¦¨¡A
³o¬O¬°«O¦u°_¨£¡A¦]¦bROE©T©w¤U¡A°t®§²v¶V§C¡AIRR¶V°ª

Lastly, the expected dividend payout ratio should not fall below 90% of the dividend payout ratios in the past three years. This is a conservative measure because, given a fixed ROE, a lower dividend payout ratio results in a higher IRR.

¦p¦¹¥iºâ¥X¹w´Á°t®§²v¡A
EPS 3.9 x ¹w´Á°t®§²v90%¡×3.51 ¹j¦~ªÑ®§¡C

By following these steps, we can calculate the anticipated dividend payout ratio.
EPS 3.9 x expected dividend payout ratio of 90% = 3.51 dividends for the next year.

¹j¦~NAV = ¥h¦~NAV + ¥h¦~EPS - ¥h¦~ªÑ®§

Next year NAV = last year's NAV + last year's EPS - last year's dividend

±µ¤U¨Ó¨Ì¦¹Ãþ±À¡A±o¨ì¥¼¨Ó8¦~EPS©MªÑ®§¡C

Following this, we can derive the EPS and dividends for the next 8 years accordingly.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 19:57  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
ÁÙ­nºâ³Ì«á½æ¥X»ù¡H
¦]¤w±o¥X²Ä8¦~EPS¡A­¼¥H³Ì²×¥»¯q¤ñ§Y½æ¥X»ù¡C
³Ì²×¥»¯q¤ñ¡H
ªÑ»ù³Ì²×À³¦^Âk¨ìÀ³¦³»ù­È¡A
§Y¤@¦~©w¦s§Q²v6.7%ªº­Ë¼Æ¥»¯q¤ñ15­¿¡A
§ì«O¦u¤@ÂI12­¿´N¦n¡C

To calculate the final selling price, you can multiply the EPS from the 8th year by the final PER. What is the final PER? The final PER can be determined based on the assumption that the stock price will eventually return to its value. Specifically, the reciprocal of the 6.7% one-year time deposit rate multiplied by 15 times the PER provides a reasonable estimate. However, to be conservative, it may be better to use a multiple of 12 times the PER instead.

¦³¤H°Ý¤£¦P¤½¥q¬O§_µ¹¤©¤£¦P¥»¯q¤ñ¡H
¦]¦³¨Ç¤½¥q¥»¯q¤ñ´N¬O¤ñ¸û°ª¡C
¤£­n¡A¥»¯q¤ñ©T©w¡A¤ñ¸û°ò¦¤@­P¤~¯à¤ñ¸û¶Q²Q¡C
³Ì²×¥»¯q¤ñ³]¦h¤Ö³£¨SÃö«Y¡A³]¦¨1¸U­¿¤]¥i¥H¡A
¥u­n©Ò¦³ªÑ²¼¼Ð·Ç¤@­P§Y¥i¡C

Is the PER different for each company? Yes, the PER can vary across different companies, and some companies may have higher PERs than others. However, a fixed PER can be used as a consistent basis for determining whether a stock is cheap or expensive. The actual value of the PER doesn't matter as long as it is the same for all stocks being compared, even if it is set at a high value like 10,000 times.

¥»¯q¤ñ°ª©Î§C©¹©¹¬O¤Q¦~ªeªF¡A¤Q¦~ªe¦èªº¨Æ¡C
·L³n¦b90¦~¥N¥»¯q¤ñ30­¿¡A
2010¦~¥N«h±¼¨ì10­¿¡A¦]¿W¥e¦a¦ì¨ü¨ìAndroid ¬D¾Ô¡C

PER often changes every 10 years. For instance, Microsoft's PER was 30 times in the 1990s. However, in 2010, it dropped to 10 times due to the challenge posed by Android to its monopoly position.

½Ð°Ý¥H¤W­pºâ¹Lµ{¦³¨S¦³°ÝÃD¡H
³q±`³o¤@¬q³£¤£·|¦³°ÝÃD¡A¦Ó¥BÁٺΦ¨¤@¤ù¡C
­pºâ¹Lµ{Å¥¤£À´¨S¦³Ãö«Y¡A¦Ò¸Õ¤£·|¦Ò¡A
¥u­n·|¬Ý³Ì«áµª®×§Y¥i¡A¬Ý¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¦h¤Ö¡H

Are there any issues with the above calculation process? Typically, this part is unproblematic, and it tends to put people to sleep. It is not necessary to understand the calculation process fully, as this is not typically tested on exams. You can simply focus on the final answer: what is the expected return?

¥¼¨Ó8¦~ªÑ®§©M³Ì«á½æ»ùºâ¥X¨Ó¤§«á§Y¥i¥N¤J§é²{¤½¦¡¡A
¤½¦¡Åܦ¨¤@¤¸¤K¦¸¤è¤èµ{¦¡¡A
¦b°ê¤¤¦]¦¡¤À¸Ñ±Ð¹L¦p¦ó¸Ñ¡A
¦P¾Ç¦³¿³½ì¤W¨Ó¸Ñ¸Ñ¬Ý¶Ü¡H°ê¤¤¼Æ¾Ç¦Ó¤w¡C
¤£¥Î¦Û¤v¸Ñ¡AExcel¦³¤@­Ó¨ç¼ÆIRR
¥i¥Hºâ¥X¹w´Á³ø¹S²v r = 10%¡C

Once the dividends for the next 8 years and the final selling price have been calculated, they can be substituted into the IRR equation. This formula can be transformed into a one-variable eighth power equation that can be solved using factorization, which is a math concept that students learn in junior high school. However, students do not necessarily need to solve it themselves, as Excel has an IRR function that can do the calculations. The expected return can be calculated as r = 10%.

IRR(-47.0¶R, 3.51®§, 3.67®§, ¡K, 4.18®§, (4.29®§+58.7½æ))
= 10% = r ¹w´Á³ø¹S

IRR (-47.0 buy, 3.51 dividend, 3.67 dividend, ¡K, 4.18 dividend, (4.29 dividend + 58.7 sell))
= 10% = r expected return

10%¤£û{¦n¡A¦]§Ú­Ì­n¨Dªº²Q»ù¹w´Á³ø¹S²v15%¡A
©Ò¹ïÀ³²Q»ù¬O¦h¤Ö¡H
¥N¤JNPV¨ç¼Æ§Y±o35¤¸¡C

A 10% expected return is not sufficient, as a 15% expected return is required for a cheap price. What constitutes a cheap price is not specified. However, when the NPV function is substituted, the result is $35.

NPV(15%, 3.51®§, 3.67®§, ¡K, 4.18®§, (4.29®§+58.7½æ))
= 35.0 ²Q

ªÑ»ù¶^¨ì35¤¸¥H¤U¶R¡A¨C¦~³ø¹S²v¤~¦³15%¤~°÷«K©y¡C

NPV(15%, 3.51 dividend, 3.67 dividend, ¡K, 4.18 dividend, (4.29 dividend + 58.7 dividend))
= 35.0 S

If the stock price falls below $35, then buying it can be considered cheap enough, as long as it provides an annual rate of return of 15%.

¦ó®É½æ¡H¶Q¤F¡A¹w´Á³ø¹S²v 0¡A
©Ò¹ïÀ³¶Q»ù¤@¼Ë¥N¤JNPV±o¥X¶Q»ù86.1¤¸¡C

NPV(0%, 3.51®§, 3.67®§, ¡K, 4.18®§, (4.29®§+58.7½æ))
= 86.1 ¶Q

When should you sell a stock? You should sell when the stock becomes expensive, and the expected return drops to 0. An expensive price can be determined by substituting it into the NPV equation. For instance, a price of $86.1 is considered expensive.

NPV(0%, 3.51 dividend, 3.67 dividend, ¡K, 4.18 dividend, (4.29 dividend + 58.7 dividend))
= 86.1 pricey

¶Q¤F´N¸Ó½æ±¼¡A¦]¶Q¤Fªº¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¬°­t¡A
ªí¥Ü¦A©ê¤U¥hÁ`³ø¹S¥u·|§ó¤Ö¤£·|§ó¦h¡C

If the stock price is deemed pricey you should sell it because the expected return is negative. This means that if you hold on to the stock, the total reward will only decrease, rather than increase.

¶Q²Q»ù©ó°]³ø¥XÄl©M°£Åv®É·|ÅÜ°Ê¡C
¹w´Á³ø¹S²v°£®§®É±N¤W¤É¡C

Cheap and pricey prices can change when financial reports are released or when ex-rights dates occur. The expected return is expected to rise on the ex-dividend date.

Á`ºâÁ¿§¹¤F¡A¥»³¹¬O¾ã­Ó½Òµ{³Ì¦h¼Æ¾Çªº¦a¤è¡A
¦³¦ì¦P¾Ç¤£´±¸m«H¤@­Ó¤H¦b°¨±í¤W
³ºµM¥i¥H·Q¥X³o»ò½ÆÂøªº­pºâ¡A
¤@ª½°Ý§Ú¦b°¨±í¤W«Ý¤F¦h¤[¡H
°¨±í©MÄ«ªG¾ð³£¬O¤HÃþ¤å©úªº·nÄx°Ú¡I

In conclusion, I have finished my speech for this section. The mathematical content covered here is the most complex in the entire course. One student couldn't believe that someone would sit on the toilet and contemplate such complicated calculations, and kept asking me how long I had been sitting there. However, toilets and apple trees are the cradles of human civilization!

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 20:00  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
ªi§J®Lªº¦ô»ù¬O¥Ø«e°ß¤@ªº¨Ò¥~¡A
1. ¬°¦]À³·s·|­p·Ç«h¡A¦Ñ¤Ú§â«ùªÑº¦¶^¦C¬°²§±`§Q¯q¡A
¥i¬O«ùªÑº¦¶^À³¬O¤é±`ªº¨Æ¡A«D²§±`
¬G¬Õ¦Aªí³æ´NBRK¡A±Ä¥Î²b§Q¦Ó«D±`§Q¡A§@¬°²Q¶Q»ùªº­pºâ
¦p¦¹ROE¬Ý°_¨Ó¸û¦X²z

Berkshire Hathaway's valuation calculation currently stands as the only exception.
1. In order to comply with new accounting standards, Mr. Buffett has classified the capital gains of his investment portfolio as exceptional interests. However, fluctuations in holdings are a routine matter and not exceptional. Therefore, the On's table employs net profit instead of recurring profit as the valuation calculation solely for BRK. This results in a more reasonable return on equity (ROE) calculation.

2. 2011¦~ªi§J®LªÑ»ù¶^¨ì²b­È¡A
¦Ñ¤Ú§Y«Å¥¬¶R¦^®wÂêѡA¥Í¥­²Ä¤@¦¸¡A¥B³s¶R¤F2¦¸¡A
Åã¥ÜÍ¢»{©w²b­È¬O«K©y»ù¡C
2013¦~³ø¦Ñ¤Ú©ú¥Õ«ü¥Xªi§J®L¤º¦b»ù­È¡×²b­È x 120%¡A
«K©y»ù¬O¤º¦b»ù­È¥´8§é¡A«K©y»ù¡×²b­È¡C

2. In 2011, the stock price of Berkshire Hathaway fell to its NAV. Mr. Buffett announced that he would repurchase treasury stock for the first time in his life and buy it twice, indicating that he believed the NAV was undervalued.
In the 2013 annual report, he clearly stated that Berkshire's intrinsic value = NAV x 120%.
Cheap price is 20% lower than intrinsic value, cheap price = NAV.

3. ¤£¹L¡A¹êÃÒµ²ªG...
2018/4 §Ú¶RBRK.B®ÉNAV 141¬ü¤¸
§Úªº¶R»ù200¤¸¬°NAV¤§141%¡A
4¦~©ê¤U¨Ó¦@ÁȤF71%¡A¦~½Æ§Q15%¡A
Å㨣¬Õ¦Aªí¥Î²b§Q­pºâBRK¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¤èªk¤ñ¦Ñ¤Úªº¦ôºâ¦X²z

3. Nevertheless, based on my personal experience, I bought BRK.B when its NAV was $141 in April 2018. My purchase price of $200 represented 141% of the NAV at that time. After holding the stock for 4 years, I have achieved a total return of 71%, which translates to a compound annual return of 15%. It is clear that BRK's expected return based on net profit is more reasonable than Mr. Buffett's estimate.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 20:21  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¶Q¤F­n½æ±¼¡AÁZ®Ä¤~·|³Ì¦n¡A
§_«h¥u¯à±o¨ì¤¤µ¥ÁZ®Ä¡C

If it is expensive, you should sell it to achieve optimal performance. Otherwise, you will only be able to achieve moderate performance.

2011¦~¤¤ºÒªÑ»ù173¤¸¡A¹w´Á³ø¹S²v1% ¡A
±µªñ¶Q¤F¡A§Ú§â¥¦½æ±¼¡C
­Y¶Q¤Fªº¤¤ºÒ¤£½æÄò©ê¨ì2017¦~12¤ë¡A
6¦~7­Ó¤ë¹L¥h¤F¤~¦^¨ì·íªì§Ú½æªº»ù®æ¡A
¥Õ©ê¤F6¦~7­Ó¤ë¡I

In 2011, I purchased China Steel Chemical stock at NT$173 with an expected return of 1%. As it seemed relatively expensive at the time, I made the decision to sell it. Looking back, had I held onto the stock until December 2017, it would have taken 6 years and 7 months for it to reach the original price at which I sold it. This means that I would have lost 6 years and 7 months for nothing!

»ù­È§ë¸ê¬O«K©y¶R¡A¶Q¤F½æ¡A
¦³2©Û¡A¤u¤Ò§O¥u¾Ç¤@¥b¡C
¥xÆW¤H¦³¥y¸Ü¡u·|½æªÑ²¼ªº¤~¬O®v¤÷¡I¡v

Value investing means buying cheap and selling pricey. There are two skills to this strategy, so it's essential not to learn only one half. In Taiwan, people often say, "The true master is the one who knows how to sell stocks!"

¶Q¤F­n½æ±¼¡A¤£µM±N¥Õ©ê¡A
¤£¬O«ùªÑ¦¨¥»«Ü§C´N¥i¥H¤£½æ¡A
§ó«D°ª°t®§­n¨Ó·í°h¥ðª÷¥Î¡A§¤¨É³Q°Ê¦¬¤J´N¥i¤£½æ¡A
³o³q³q¿ù»~¡I

If a stock is expensive, it's crucial to sell it; otherwise, holding onto it will yield no benefits. On the other hand, just because a stock is cheap doesn't mean you shouldn't consider selling it. Also, high dividends should not be the sole reason for holding onto a stock as a retirement fund, as passive income can also be earned by selling the stock at an opportune time. These common misconceptions about stock investing are incorrect.

1998¦~¥i¤f¥i¼ÖªÑ»ùº¦¨ì³Ì°ª89¤¸¡A«D±`¶Q¡C
­Y¤£½æ¤@¸ô©ê¨ì2010¦~¡A
12¦~¹L¥hªÑ»ùÁ٭줴¥¼¦^¨ì89¤¸¡A12¦~¨Ó¥Õ©ê¡I
°ªROE¡A°ª°t®§ªº¤½¥q¡AªÑ»ù¶Q¤F¤£½æ¡A¤´µM¥Õ©ê¡C
¦³¤H»¡¤Úµá¯S¤£¬O¨S½æ¶Ü¡H
¦Ñ¤Ú¤£¬O¨S½æ¡A¦³½æ¡I
1998¦~³ø¤W¼g±o«Ü淸·¡¡A
·í¦~¦Ñ¤Úªº«ùªÑ³£¯É¯ÉÅܶQ¤F¡A
¤£¶È¥i¤f¥i¼Ö¶Q¤F¡A³s¬ü°ê¹B³q¡B¦N¦C¨íÄG¤M¡A
¬Æ¦Ü³sªi§J®L¤]¶Q¤F¡C
¤Úµá¯S·íµMª¾¹D¨º»ò¦hªÑ²¼¤£¥i¯à¦b¥«³õ¤W抛°â¡A
©Ò¥HÍ¢«ç»ò½æ¡H
Í¢¥h´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡A
Í¢®³¶Q¤Fªºªi§J®LªÑ²¼¥h¸ò«K©yªº³q¥Î¦A«O´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡C
³o¼Ë¤£¤]µ¥©ó¦b½æªÑ²¼¡A
¹³§Ú´N¬O®³¶Q¤Fªº¤¤ºÒ¥h¸ò·s¥x¹ô´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡C

In 1998, Coca-Cola's stock price reached an all-time high of $89, which was considered very expensive. If you had held onto the stock until 2010, its price would not have returned to $89, even after 12 years. It's futile to hold onto expensive stocks, even if they have high ROE and dividend payouts. Some people believe that Mr. Buffett never sells stocks, but he actually does. If you look at the 1998 annual report, you will see that Buffett's holdings, including Coca-Cola, American Express (AXP), Gillette razors, and even Berkshire's own stock, had become expensive. He knew that selling the large amount of shares he held on the market would not be practical. Instead, he conducted a stock swap merger, which involved merging the expensive Berkshire stocks with cheaper general reinsurance swaps. This was essentially a way of selling stocks. Similarly, I exchanged my expensive China Steel Chemical stocks for New Taiwan dollars.

¦Ñ¤Ú¤ß¸Ì¦b·Q¤°»ò¬ÝÍ¢ªº°Ê§@«Kª¾¡AÄF¤£¤F¤Hªº¡A
­YÍ¢®³ªÑ²¼¥h´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡Aªí¥ÜÍ¢»{©wÍ¢ªºªÑ²¼¶Q¤F¡C
¥Î²{ª÷¥h¦¬ÁÊ«h«ùªÑ«K©y¡C

Mr. Buffett's actions reveal his true thoughts, and he cannot deceive others. When he exchanges shares for shares in a merger, it indicates that he considers the Berkshire shares to be expensive. It's more cost-effective to purchase stocks with cash instead.

2016¦~³ø¦Ñ¤Ú¤½¶}¼á²MµL©Ò¿×ªº¥Ã«í«ùªÑ³o¦^¨Æ¡A
¤§«e¼g¤Úµá¯S¶Ç°Oªº®Ñ³£ºÙÍ¢¡uBuy and Hold¡v¡C
¦Ñ¤Ú»¡´x±±¸gÀçÅv¨Æ·~(controlled business)¤£·|½æ¡A
¦]¾ã­Ó³QÍ¢¶R¤U¨Ó¤F¡A¥i¯à³£¤U¥«¤F¡AµLªÑ»ù¥i¨¥¡A
¦p¨º®aÅK¸ôªÑ©M¼í·Æªo¤½¥q¡C
¥i¬O¥u«ù¦³³¡¥÷ªÑÅvªº¬y³qÃÒ¨é(marketable securities)
«h·|½æ¡A¦]¤´¦³ªÑ»ù¡A´N¦³¶Q²Q¡A
³oºØ»¡ªk¸ò§Úªº²Q¶R¶Q½æ´N¤@­P¤F¡C

In his 2016 annual report, Mr. Buffett explicitly stated that there are no permanent holdings. This is contrary to what some previous books on Buffett's biography suggest, which advocate for a "buy and hold" strategy. Buffett clarified that he would not sell controlled businesses because he has acquired the entire company, and some of these companies may not have a stock price or have already been delisted, such as railway and lubricant companies. However, he would sell securities that only hold a portion of the equity because there are still stock quotes and the prices may be either cheap or expensive. His statement aligns with my trading strategy of buying cheap and selling pricey.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 20:42  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
»õÂ×µ¡Ã®ªÑ»ù³Ì°ªº¦¨ì408¤¸¡A
¬Õ¦Aªíºâªº¶Q»ù¶È260¤¸¡A
¦P¾Ç¾Ú¦¹½èºÃ¬Õ¦Aªí¤£·Ç¡H

Nien Made's share price increased to NT$408, but according to On's calculations, the fair price should be only NT$260. Based on this, a student questioned the accuracy of On's analysis.

¬Õ¦Aªíºâªº¶Q²Q»ù¡A¨Ã«D¦b§ìªÑ»ù°ª§CÂI¡A
¶Q»ù¤£¬O³Ì°ª»ù¡A«K©y»ù¥ç«D³Ì§C»ù¡C
ªÑ»ùº¦¨ì±µªñ¶Q¡B­è¦n¶Q¡B«D±`¶Q³£¦³¥i¯à¡A
º¦¨ì«D±`¶Q¤£¥Nªí¬Õ¦Aªí¶Q»ù´Nºâ¿ù¡C
©Ò¥H¨ì¤F¶Q²Q»ù¤§«á¦ó®É¸Ó½æ©Î¶R¡H
¤£¥iª¾¤]µL¼Ð·Çµª®×¡A
½Ð¦Û¤v¨M©w¡A§O¦A°Ý¤F¡C

The pricey and cheap prices calculated by On's table are not meant to identify the high and low points of stock prices. A pricey price is not necessarily the highest, and a cheap price is not necessarily the lowest. The stock price may rise to a level that is close to pricey, just hitting the pricey mark, or even reaching an extremely expensive level. However, reaching an extremely expensive level does not mean that On's table's pricey price calculation is incorrect.

So, when should one decide to sell or buy after reaching the pricey or cheap price? It is unknowable, and there is no standard answer. Please make your own decision and refrain from asking further questions.

«Ü¦h¨Æ¥óªºµo¥Í¨Ã«Dµ´¹ï¡A¦Ó¬O¾÷²v°ª§C¡A
¹³¡u¤H©Ê¥»µ½¡v³o¥y¸Ü¹ï¤£¹ï¡H
¤j®a¤£·|³æ¯Âµª¡G¹ï©Î¿ù¡A
¦Ó¬O¡u7¦¨¹ï¡A3¦¨¤£¹ï¡v¡A
³o¤~¬Oµª®×¡C

The occurrence of many events is not absolute but rather a matter of probability. Is the statement "Human nature is inherently good" correct? People won't simply answer "yes" or "no," but rather "70% correct, 30% incorrect"¡Xthat's the answer.

70%ªÑ²¼¦b²Q¶Q»ù¤§¶¡ªi°Ê¡A
5%ªÑ²¼¶Q¤FÁÙ·|§ó¶Q¡A
½Ð°Ý¦p¦ó¾Þ§@³Ì¦n¡H
A. ¿í¦u²Q¶R¶Q½æ
B. ¶Q¤F¤]¤£½æ

70% of stock fluctuations occur between cheap and pricey prices, and 5% of stocks that are already expensive can become even more expensive. What is the best approach?
A. Follow the strategy of buying cheap and selling pricey.
B. Do not sell even when the stocks are expensive.

µª®×¬OA
Bloomberg°µ¹L³o¶µ²Î­p¡A¥Ñ©³¤U¹Ï¥iª¾¡A
1954-2014¬üªÑ³ø¹S²v¸¨©ó0-15%¤§¶¡¡A
¥i¨£¬Õ¦Aªí­qªº¶Q²Q»ù¬Û·í¦X¾A¡A
«K©y»ù¹w´Á³ø¹S²v15%¡A¥»¯q¤ñ12­¿¡A
¶Q»ù¹w´Á³ø¹S²v0%¡A¥»¯q¤ñ30­¿¡C

The answer is A.
Bloomberg has conducted this analysis, as shown in the figure below. The study of U.S. stock returns between 1954 and 2014 indicates that the "pricey" and "cheap" prices established by On's table are quite suitable. The expected return for "pricey" prices is 0%, with a PER of 30 times, while the expected return for "cheap" prices is 15%, with a PER of 12 times.

¦A¬ÝBloombergªº¹Ï¡A
¶Rªº¥»¯q¤ñ¶V§C³ø¹S²v¶V°ª
¤Ï¤§¶Rªº¥»¯q¤ñ°ª«h³ø¹S²v§C¡A
¬G±oÃÒ¡G²Q¶R¶Q½æ¡AÁZ®Ä·|³Ì¦n

Upon closer examination of Bloomberg's analysis, it is evident that the lower the PER, the higher the expected return. Conversely, a high PER corresponds to a low rate of return. This supports the idea that a "buy cheap and sell pricey" strategy is likely to yield the best results.

¦h¬Ý´X±iªÑ»ù¹Ï¥i§ó©úÁA¡G
¥x¹F¹q­Y¶R¦b¶Q»ù¤§¤W¡A«á¨ÓªÑ»ù¸y±Ù¡C

Let's examine a few more stock charts to illustrate the point more clearly. For instance, imagine purchasing shares of Delta Electronics at a price higher than the "pricey" price, only to see the price drop by half shortly thereafter.

¬ü§Q¹F¤]¬O¡A
¦³¤H¤£«H¨¸¡A¥H¬°ªÑ»ù¥u­n·|º¦´N¥i¥H°l¡A
µw¬O¶R¦b¶Q»ù¤§¤W¡A«á¨Ó¤]¸y±Ù¡C
¬ü§Q¹F¦b¶Q»ù¥H¤Wªø¹F2¦~¡AªÑ»ùªº®É¶¡Æ[«D±`º©ªø¡C

Merida (9914.TW) is another example of this phenomenon. Some investors ignore established principles and believe that as long as the stock price rises, they can buy at any price. However, if the purchase price is higher than the "pricey" price, and the price subsequently drops by half, significant losses can occur. In the case of Merida, its stock price has recently surpassed its pricey price in two years, indicating stock price horizon is very long.

¤¤ºÒ¦b2009¦~¤§«á¤~º¦¤W¨Ó¡A2009¦~¤@ª½¦b«K©y»ù¥H¤U¡A
¦P¾Ç¤@ª½¦b°Ý¤¤ºÒ«ç»ò³£¤£·|ÅܶQ¡H
«á¨Óº¦¨ì200¤¸¦P¾Ç¤S°Ý«ç»ò³£¤£«K©y¡H

China Steel Chemical's stock price only began to rise after 2009, having remained below the "cheap" price prior to that point. Some students may wonder why the stock did not become "pricey" once its price exceeded the "cheap" threshold. However, the stock eventually rose to NT$200, prompting other students to question why it did not fall back into the "cheap" category.

«Ø¥ß¤@­Óí©wÁͦV15%¦~³ø¹S²vªº§ë¸ê²Õ¦X¬O¦¨¬°¦³¿ú¤H³Ì­«­n¨BÆJ¡A
¦]¬°¹ï³o­Ó§ë¸ê²Õ¦X¦³«H¤ß¡G
1. ¤~´±©ã¨­®a¡A¥»ª÷ºu°_¨Ó¤~·|¤j¡A¦p§Ú¦b¬üªÑ¤w¦³3,000¸U¤¸¥x¹ô¡C
2. ¤~Ä@·Nªø´Á¤@ª½Â\µÛ¡A¤£¶]¨Ó¶]¥h¡A³o¼Ë´N¦³½Æ§Q®ÄªG¡C
¥»ª÷¤j x ½Æ§Qªø ¡× ¦³¿ú¤H

Achieving a 15% annual return gives you the confidence to invest a significant portion of your wealth for the long term.
1. Be bold in investing the majority of your wealth to maximize your principal.
2. Emphasize generating compound interest by abstaining from speculative trading.
Large principal x long compound interest = billionaire
A large principal combined with sustained compound interest can lead to significant wealth accumulation over time.

µ½¥Î¬Õ¦AªíÁZ®Ä­¶XIRR°O¿ý¦Û¤vªºÁZ®Ä¡A¥H½T©wí©w©Ê
¥xªÑ­Y§ä¤£¨ì100ÀÉ¥H¤W¥i¦n«Ü¤[ªº¤½¥q¡A½Ð¨Ó§ë¸ê¥þ¥@¬É¡C

To assess the stability of your investment performance, it's important to utilize XIRR in your performance sheet. If you find that there are not more than 100 companies in Taiwan that can maintain their success over the long term, consider expanding your investments to the global market by investing in US stocks.

¦³¤H¬Ý¨ì¤Wªí¡AÁ`Àò§Q897¸U¤¸¡A¥»ª÷2,190¸U¤¸¡A
»{¬°§ÚªºÁZ®Ä¬O¦~½Æ§Q6%¡C
¥Lªººâªk¿ù¤F¡A¦]¬°¥Î´Á¥½¥»ª÷¨ÓºâÁZ®Ä¡C
§Úªº¥»ª÷¬O¥Ñ700¸U¤¸¡A1,400¸U¤¸¡A³v¦~¼W¥[¡A
À³¸Ó¥H§ë¤J¦~¼Æ¨Ó¥[Åv¥»ª÷¡A§Y¶È1,600¸U¤¸¡C
ÁZ®Ä­pºâ¤½¦¡¤£¬OÁ`Àò§Q/´Á¥½¥»ª÷¡A
¦Ó¬O¥Î¦~¼Æ¥[Åv¥»ª÷ªºXIRR¡C

Someone reviewed the table above and noted that the total profit was NT$8.97 million with a principal of NT$21.9 million. They argued that my annual performance was a compounded 6%. However, their method was incorrect, as they used the period-end principal to calculate performance. In reality, my principal increased from NT$7 million to NT$14 million over the years. Therefore, the principal should be weighted by the number of years invested, which amounts to only NT$16 million. The correct performance appraisal formula is not the total profit divided by the period-end principal. Instead, it is XIRR, which is calculated based on the weighted principal over the number of years invested.

XIRR¬O¦~¤Æ³ø¹S²v¡A
­Y«ùªÑ¤£¨ì1¦~¥ÎXIRRºâ¥X¨Óªº³ø¹S²v±N¶W°ª¡A
¦p¶R¤F¬YªÑ·í¤Ñº¦°±ªOÁȤF10%¡A
XIRR°ª±oÀ~¤H(1+10%)^365-1
¦¹®É¶·¥[¥H½Õ¾ã¦p¤U¡G
¥¼º¡ 1 ¦~ (1+XIRR)^(¤Ñ¼Æ/365)-1
Á`Àò§QµL½×¥¿­t§¡¥Î¤W¦¡­pºâ¡C
¥»½Õ¾ã¤½¦¡«Y¥»¤H¿W³Ð¡A¸g¹LÅçºâÀ³¸ÓµL»~

XIRR is a metric used to determine the annualized rate of return on an investment. If you hold shares for less than a year, the rate of return calculated with XIRR can be extremely high. For example, if you bought a stock and earned 10% on the daily limit, the XIRR would be calculated as (1+10%)^365-1, resulting in a terribly high rate of return. However, in such cases, it's important to make adjustments to the XIRR calculation. For investments held for less than a year, the adjustment formula should be (1+XIRR)^(number of days/365)-1. This formula should be used to calculate total profit, regardless of whether it's positive or negative. This adjustment formula was created by Michael On and has been verified as correct.

¥[¿ú´£¿ú¡G¥»ª÷¼W´î¡A²{ª÷¼W´î
¶R½æªÑ¡G¥»ª÷¤£ÅÜ¡A²{ª÷´î¼W¡AªÑ²¼¼W´î
°t®§¡G¥»ª÷¤£ÅÜ¡A²{ª÷¼W

Adding money and withdrawing money: Principal changes, cash changes.
Buying and selling stocks: Principal remains unchanged, cash decreases or increases, stocks increase or decrease.
Dividends: Principal remains unchanged, cash increases.

§ÚªºÁZ®Äªí°O¿ý¤F10¦~¡A
XIRR¬°¦Û²Ä¤@µ§¨ì¥»µ§¤§§ë¤J³ø¹S²v¡C
2023¦~12%ªí¥Ü¦Û2013¦~¦Ü¤µ
10¦~¥­§¡ÁZ®Ä¬°12%

My performance record spans over 10 years, with XIRR representing the return on investment from the first entry to the current one. The 12% in 2023 indicates the return from 2013 to the present. The average performance over the past 10 years is 12%.

­Y·Q¤F¸Ñªñ5¦~¨ÓÁZ®Ä¡A
§Y²Ä¤@¦~¬°2017¦~¦Ü¤µªºÁZ®Ä
¥iª½±µ±N10¦~ªíºI¥b
¦¹®É2017¦~¥»ª÷À³§ï¬°ªÑ²¼+²{ª÷¤§24,778,950
¦Ó«D17,775,983

If you wish to know the performance for the last 5 years, which includes from 2017 to the present, you can simply take the last half of the 10-year record.In this case, the initial principal in 2017 should be adjusted to include stocks and cash, totaling $24,778,950 instead of $17,775,983.

ArthurWang 2023-7-17 21:14

Mike-san¦b°ª«×¤À´²«ùªÑªº±¡ªp¤U¤´¯à¦b¤­¦~½­¿¡A
¥B¨C¦~³Ð³y¦Ü¤Ö10%-20%ªºÃ­©w³ø¹S²v¡A
§Y«K2022¦~É]³õ¤ÏÂà¹ï¤ñ2021¦~¤´¦³8.5%¦¨ªø¡C
¦b2021¦~GDP°ªÂI®É´î½X(«ùªÑ¤ñ¨Ò99%->85%)¡A
¨Ã¦b2022¦~GDP§CÂI¦^¸É(85%->99%)¡C
ªº½T§¹¬üªº¹ê½îMike-san³Ð³yªºGDP²z½×¡A
§¹¬üÁZ®Ä¥O¤HÂQ©¹¡C

Even in a highly diversified stockholding situation, Mike-san managed to double his investments in five years, consistently achieving annual returns of at least 10%-20%. Despite the market reversal in 2022 compared to 2021, there was still an impressive 8.5% growth.
In 2021, when the GDP reached its peak, Mike-san reduced his holdings (from 99% to 85%), and in 2022, during the GDP's low point, he made a comeback (increasing from 85% to 99%).
This perfect execution of Mike-san's GDP theory resulted in a remarkable performance that is truly admirable.

¤j®aÀ³½T¹ê°O¿ý¦Û¤vªºÁZ®Ä¤~¯à°µ¥X¥¿½Tªº­«¤j¨Mµ¦¡G
1. ¸Ó¥þ¤O§ë¸ê©Î¶R©Ð¡B¶Å¨é¡BETF...¡H
2. ¦Û¤v°÷¤£°÷®æ¦¨¬°µL·~§ë¸ê¤H¡H

Everyone should keep track of their performance honestly to make informed major decisions, such as:
1. Whether to fully invest or buy a house, bonds, ETFs, etc.
2. Whether they are qualified to become an unemployed investor.

mikeon88 2023-7-4 18:29

§ÚªºÁZ®Ä10.2¦~¥­§¡12%¡A
¶Å¨é´Þ§Q²v3%¡AETF 7%¡A©Ð¦a²£5%¡A
¿ú¸ÓÂ\­þ¸Ì«Ü²M·¡¤F¡A
³o¬O¥®¸X¶é¤J¾Ç¦ÒÃD

My performance averaged 12% over 10.2 years, with bond yields at 3%, ETFs at 7%, and real estate at 5%. It's quite clear where to allocate the money. This is a question from a kindergarten admission test.

§Ú¤p®É¤W¥®¸X¶é¤J¾Ç­n¦Ò¸Õ¡A
¦Ñ®v®³¨â¶ô¿n¤ì¤@¤j¤@¤p¡A
°Ý§Ú­þ¤@­Ó¤ñ¸û­«¡H
¸ò¤W­z°ÝÃD¤@¼Ò¤@¼Ë¡C
§Ú«D±`Åå³Y¡Aµ´¤j¦h¼Æ¤j¤H§Ë¤£²M¿ú¸ÓÂ\­þ¸Ì

When I was a child, I had to take an entrance exam for kindergarten. The teacher showed me two building blocks, one large and one small, and asked which one was heavier. It's the exact same question as above. I was surprised because the vast majority of adults struggle to figure out where to put their money.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 20:44  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
IRR¬O§ë¸ê¾Ç¥²±Ðªº¤½¦¡¡A
¥i¬O«o¤Ö¦³¤H¯u¥¿®³¥¦¨Ó°µ¬°¶R½æªÑ²¼¨Ì¾Ú¡A
³s§ë¸ê¾Ç±Ð±Â¤]¤@¼Ë¨S¦b¥Î¡A
¦]¬°¾Ç®Õ§ë¸ê½Ò¤¤¤£´¿±´°Q¹L¦p¦ó¿ï©wIRR°Ñ¼Æ¡A
¦Ó³o¤~¬OIRR¤½¦¡¥i¤£¥i¦æªºÃöÁä¡C

The IRR formula is a fundamental concept taught in investment courses. However, in practice, few investors use it to buy and sell stocks. Even professors who teach investment courses rarely use the IRR formula because the course curriculum often neglects to cover how to choose parameters, which is the key to making the IRR formula feasible.

ROE¶W°ª®É¥ÎIRR­pºâ¹w´Á³ø¹S²v·|°ª±oÂ÷ÃСA
³o¤£¬O¤½¦¡¿ù»~¡A
¦Ó¬O¦b²{¹êª¬ªp¤U¶W°ªROE¤£¥i¯à«ùÄò¦h¦~¡C

In situations where ROE is extremely high, the expected return calculated by the IRR formula will be unreasonably high. However, this is not a formula error. In reality, it is unlikely for an ultra-high ROE to persist over many years.

·í¹w´Á°t®§²v¤Ó°ª¡AIRR¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¤S°¾§C¡A
¦pULªºPER¤~23­¿¡AIRR«o¤w¬O -11%¡A³o©úÅ㤣¦X²z

If the expected dividend payout ratio is too high, the expected return calculated by the IRR formula may be unreasonably low. For instance, the PER for UL is only 23 times, yet the IRR's expected return is -11%, which is clearly an unreasonable figure.

¤W­z°ÝÃD¦³¤H¥Î¤G¤Àªk¨Ó³B²z¡A¦¨ªø¨ì¤@¥b®ÉÂର§C¦¨ªø¡C
³o­Ó¤èªk¬y©ó¥DÆ[¡A
¤¤´Á¤§«á¦¨ªø²v½Õ§C¦h¤ÖµL«ÈÆ[¼Ð·Ç¡A¨Æ¹ê¤W¤]¤£¥iª¾¡C

Some professors use dichotomy to address the aforementioned problems by opting for low-growth strategies after a certain period of growth. However, this method is subjective and lacks an objective standard for determining how much the growth rate should be reduced after the mid-term. In fact, it is impossible to know for certain.

·íIRRºâªk¤£¦X²z®É¡A§Ú´£¥X§ï¥ÎPERªk¨Ó°£¥h¤H¬°¥DÆ[½Õ¾ãªº¯ÊÂI¡A
¬J¼Ð·Ç©ú½T¡A¥B¤@Åé¾A¥Î¡C

If the IRR formula yields unreasonable results, I suggest using the PER method instead to eliminate the drawbacks of subjective adjustments. The standards for using the PER method are clear and can be easily applied.

PERªk¡G
§Ú³W©w¶Q»ù¥»¯q¤ñ30­¿¡A¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¬°0¡F
²Q»ù¹w´Á³ø¹S²v15%
PER4­¿º¦¨ì30­¿¡A¹w´Á³ø¹S²v¬°(30/4)^(1/8)-1=28.6%
²Q»ùx(1+15%)^8=¹w´ÁEPSx30
¶Q»ùx(1+0%)^8=¹w´ÁEPSx30

PER method:
I stipulate that for pricey price the PER is 30 times and expected return is 0;
for cheap price expected return 15%
PER increases from 4 times to 30 times, expected return is (30/4)^(1/8)-1=28.6%
cheap price x(1+15%)^8=expected EPSx30
pricey price x(1+0%)^8=expected EPSx30

´«­yÂI¡G¥ÑIRR´«¦¨PERªk
°Ñ¦Ò³¯©[¨}¦P¾Ç«Øij¡A¦b¹w´Á³ø¹S²vªº­pºâ¤W
·í²Q»ù©M¶Q»ù¤§¥­§¡¡AIRRªk¤ñPERªk¤p20%©Î¤j20%
«h¥ÑIRRªk§ï¬°PERªk

Change point: from IRR to PER method
As per Curry's recommendation, we will switch from using the IRR method to the PER method for calculating expected returns when the average of the cheap and pricey prices obtained by the IRR method deviates more than 20% from that obtained by the PER method.

¥þ¥xÆW¥u¦³¤Úµá¯S¯Z½T¹ê«ö·ÓIRR¤½¦¡¨Ó¶R½æªÑ²¼¡C
¬Õ¦Aªí¤Wªº«ü¼Ð¡AÁÙ­ìªÑ»ù¡BROE¡B±`§Q¡B¬Õ¦A²v¡B°t®§²v¡BIRR¡BPERªk¡B´«­yÂI
¬Ý¦ü´M±`¡A¨ä¹ê³£¦³¥»¤H¿Wªù±K³Z¡C
¦p¦ó³]©w§¹¥þ¤½¶}¦b¬Õ¦Aªí¤W¡A
¥i¬O§Ú¬Û«H¤j³¡¥÷¤H¬Ý¤£À´¡A¦]»á¬°½ÆÂø¡C

In Taiwan, only the Buffett Class invests in stocks based on the IRR formula. On's table includes several indicators such as adjusted stock price, ROE, recurring profit, PR%, dividend payout ratio, IRR, PER method, and change point. While these indicators may appear ordinary, each has its own secrets. On's table fully discloses how to set up these indicators, but they may be difficult for most people to comprehend due to their complexity.

³Ì«á¡A¦b¬Õ¦AªíÁZ®Ä­¶¤W¥»¤H´£¥X¤ñ¸ûÁZ®Äªº¿ìªk¡A
¥H¤Ú·Ý·Ý50¦~¥­§¡20%¬°°ò·Ç¡A
¤Úµá¯S 50 ¦~¥­§¡ 20% = 1.2^50 = 9,100
±z 9.6 ¦~¥­§¡ 11% »P¤Úµá¯S¶ZÂ÷ 93 (¶V¤p¶V¦n)¡A¦¨ÁZÀu¨q
9.6 ¦~ªº®t¶ZA = 1.2^(50-9.6)¡AA^0.5 = 40
11% ªº®t¶ZB (1+11%)^B = 9,100¡AB = 87¦~
»P¤Úµá¯S¶ZÂ÷ 93 = 100x(A^0.5xB)/3,701
    ¨ä¤¤ 3,701 = (1.2^(50-8))^0.5xlog(9100,1+12%)¡A8¦~¥­§¡12%
ÁÂÁ¦¿¤å§»®á«ü¾ÉB
¶}®Ú¸¹¬°¨¾¼Æ¦rÅܤj

Lastly, I propose a method for comparing performance on On's table's performance sheet. This method involves comparing the performance to the 50-year average return of 20% achieved by the Buffett Class.
Mr. Buffett's 50-year average of 20% = 1.2^50 = 9,100
Your 9.6-year average of 11% distance from Buffett 93 (The smaller the better), Excellent !
9.6 years gap A = 1.2^(50-9.6)¡AA^0.5 = 40
11% gap B (1+11%)^B = 9,100¡AB = 87 yr
Distance from Buffett 93 = 100x(A^0.5xB)/3,701
    where 3,701 = (1.2^(50-8)^0.5)xlog(9100,1+12%), 8-year average of 12
Thanks to Wenhong Jiang for his guidance in B.
The square root is used to prevent the number from becoming too large.

¸ò¤Úµá¯S¤ñÁZ®Ä«ü¼Ð¸Ñ¨M¤F¤@­Ó¤d¥jÃøÃD¡A
5¦~¥­§¡ÁÈ12%¸ò8¦~¥­§¡ÁÈ10%¥i¥H¬Û¤¬¤ñ¸û½Ö¦n¤F¡C

Comparing performance with the Buffett indicator resolves a longstanding issue where an average of 12% over 5 years can be compared to an average of 10% over 8 years.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:10  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
Á¿½Z 14/21¡G²{ª÷´Þ§Q²vªº¬r®`
Lecture 14/21 The poison of cash yield

IRR ªÑ®§§é²{¤½¦¡¬O­pºâ§ë¸ê³ø¹S²v°ß¤@¥¿½Tªº¤½¦¡¡A
¦]¥¦§¹¾ãªº§â¥¼¨ÓªºªÑ®§©M½æ¥X»ù¦Ò¼{¶i¨Ó¡A
¨ä¥¦ºâ³ø¹S²vªº¤èªk³£¬O¿ùªº¡C
³o´X¦~¬y¦æªº²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¬O¿ùªº³ø¹S²vºâªk¡A
¦]¥uºâ¨ì²Ä¤@¦~ªºªÑ®§¡C
¤¤ºÒ2003¦~´Þ§Q²v7%¡A
§Ú8¦~©ê¤U¨ÓÁÈ6­¿¡AIRR¬° 31%(µù)¡A
²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v7%Â÷¹ê»Ú³ø¹S²v«Ü»·¡C

The IRR formula is the correct method for calculating return on investment as it considers both future dividends and selling prices. Other methods are incorrect. The popular cash yield method used in recent years is flawed as it only accounts for the dividend in the first year. For example, China Steel Chemical had a yield of 7% in 2003, but this is far from the actual rate of return as I earned six times my initial investment over eight years, resulting in an IRR of 31%.(Note)

µù¡G§ë¸ê¤@ÀɪѲ¼¤£¬O¯Âºéªº³æ§Q©Î½Æ§Q¡A¦Ó¬O³æ½Æ§Qºî¦X¡A
ªÑ®§¬O³æ§Q¡A¥¼°t¥X¨Óªº¬°½Æ§Q¡A
IRR¥]§t³æ§Q©M½Æ§Q¤~¬O³ø¹S²v¥¿½Tºâªk¡C

Note: Investing in a stock involves a combination of simple and compound interest, rather than just one or the other. Dividends represent simple interest, while unallocated dividends represent compound interest. Therefore, the correct method for calculating the rate of return is to use IRR, which accounts for both simple and compound interest.

©³¤U2®a¤½¥q¤¤°ê²¾°Ê©M¤¤µØ¹q¡A½Ö¤ñ¸û«K©y¡H
(ºK¦Û³¯«ÉÁo®áªº¬ã¨s)
¤£ºÞ¥ÎIRR©Î¥»¯q¤ñ¥hºâ¡A¤¤²¾°Ê©úÅã¤ñ¤¤µØ¹q«K©y¡A
¥i¬Oºâ²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¤¤²¾°Ê¶È4%¡A¤¤µØ¹q5.8%¤Ï¦Ó¸û°ª¡A
¤¤µØ¹qÁȱo¤Ö¦ý°t±o¦h¡A¤Ï¦Ó³Q»~¥H¬°«K©y¡C
²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v·|¨ü¨ì°t®§²v°ª§C©M¶R¦^®wÂêѦӧᦱ¡A
µLªk¥¿½Tµû¦ô¶Q²Q¡C

According to Joe's research, China Mobile is cheaper than Chunghwa Telecom, whether calculated using IRR or PER. However, it's worth noting that China Mobile's cash yield is only 4%, whereas Chunghwa Telecom's is higher at 5.8%. Despite earning less, Chunghwa Telecom pays out more in dividends and is mistakenly perceived as being cheaper. It's important to note that cash yield can be distorted by factors such as dividend payout ratio and shares buyback, making it difficult to evaluate a stock's true value accurately.

ªÑ»ù¨ì©³¬O¤Ï¬MIRRÁÙ¬O²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¡H
³o2­Ó¨Ò¤l¥i¥HÃÒ©ú¡G
¤¤µØ¹q²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v4.4¢H¡AÁÙºâ«K©y¡A
¥i¬OIRR -2%¡A¶Q¤F¡A
¨ì©³¬O¶Q©Î«K©y¡H
½Ð¬ÝªÑ»ùªí²{¡A³o´X¦~¾ú¥v°ª»ù¦b110¤¸¤W¤U¡A
¸û±µªñIRRªº¶Q»ù108.9¤¸¡A
±oÃҪѻù¤Ï¬MIRR¡A¦Ó«D²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¡C
¤¤µØ¹q¬O³o´X¦~¦sªÑ±Ú­º¿ï¼Ðªº¡A
¦s¤F´X¦~¤U¨ÓÁZ®Ä¨Ã¤£ÅãµÛ¡A¦]¬°¶Q¤F¡C

When considering whether a stock is expensive or cheap, it's important to evaluate both IRR and cash yield. For example, Chunghwa Telecom has a cash yield of 4.4%, which may seem cheap, but its IRR is -2%, indicating that it's actually expensive. By looking at the historical high price of around NT$110 and the current price of NT$108.9, it's clear that the stock price reflects IRR rather than cash yield. Despite being a popular choice for depositors in recent years, holding Chunghwa Telecom for a few years may not result in significant investment returns due to its high cost.

´äªÑ¶×Â׻Ȧæ²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v5.9%¡A¥H¬°«K©y¡A
¥i¬OIRR 5% ±µªñ¶Q¡A
¨ì©³¬O¶Q©Î«K©y¡H¬ÝªÑ»ùªí²{¡A
³o´X¦~¾ú¥v°ª»ù85¤¸¤W¤U¡A
¸û±µªñIRRºâªº¶Q»ù94.8¤¸¡A
¦A¦¸ÃÒ©úªÑ»ù¤Ï¬MIRR¡A¦Ó«D²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¡C

Hong Kong HSBC has a cash yield of 5.9%, which may seem cheap, but its IRR of 5% is actually closer to expensive. To determine whether the stock is expensive or cheap, it's important to evaluate its stock price performance. Over the past few years, the historical high price of Hong Kong HSBC has been around HK$85, which is closer to the pricey price of HK$94.8 calculated by IRR. This once again proves that stock prices reflect IRR rather than cash yield when determining whether a stock is expensive or cheap.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:22  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
«e¤@°}¤l¦Ñ¬O¦³¤H¨Ó°Ý¡u«K©y»ù¬O§_¬Ý²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v6%¡H¡v
¤£¬O¡I¦]¬°ªÑ²¼¤£¥uÁȪѮ§¡A¥D­n¦bÁÈ»ù®t¡C
¤@¯ë¤H¥H¬°¶]µu½u¦bÁÈ»ù®t¡Aªø´Á§ë¸ê«h¦¬ªÑ®§¡A
¿ù¡IµL½×µu½u©Mªø´Á§ë¸ê³Ì¥D­n³£¦bÁÈ»ù®t¡A
§Ú¶R¤¤ºÒÁȤF6­¿¡AªÑ®§¶È 1 ­¿¡A¨ä¥¦5­¿³£¬O»ù®tÁȨӪº¡C
²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v¥¼ºâ¤Î³Ì¥D­nªº»ù®t«ç»ò·|¹ï©O¡H

Lately, many individuals have been asking whether a stock with a 6% cash dividend yield should be deemed cheap. The answer is no. Stocks generate returns not only from dividends but primarily from capital gains. It is commonly believed that short-term trading is geared towards realizing capital gains, while long-term investments are intended to produce dividends. However, this is incorrect. Both short-term and long-term investments are primarily focused on generating capital gains. To illustrate, I made a profit of six times my investment with China Steel, of which only one time was from dividends, and the remaining five times were from capital gains. Therefore, relying solely on cash dividend yield cannot be considered as the primary indicator of investment returns since it does not account for the most critical component, capital gains.

¦³¦ì¦P¾Ç¹q¸Ü¤W¸ò§Ú¿c¤F10¤ÀÄÁ¡A
°Ý¥L¡u¦³¨S¦³Å¥¹LÁȤFªÑ®§¡A½ß¤F»ù®t¡H¡v
¥Lµª¡uÅ¥¹L¡I¡v«oÂà¹LÀY»¡¡u´N¬O­n²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v°Ú¡I¡v
§Ú¹yı¯h¾Î¡u«ç»ò¦P¤@­ÓÆ[©À´«¥t¥~¤@¥y¸ÜÁ¿´N¤£À´¤F¡H¡v
¦P¾ÇÁÙ¸ò§Ú¶æÁn¥L¬O²Ä¤@§ÓÄ@ªº¾Ç¥Í¡A
Åý§Úµo²{¡G¤H¸I¨ì§ë¸ê´NÅܲ¡C
¥L»¡¥L¬Oªø´Á§ë¸êªÌ¡u¥u¦b·NªÑ®§¡A¤£ºÞ»ù®t¡C¡v
¡u¬O¶Ü¡H¡v§Ú¦^¡u¨º½Ð§âªÑ²¼µ¹§Ú¡A§Ú¨C¦~§âªÑ®§¶×µ¹§A¡C¡v
³o®É¥L¤~±¢±¢µM±¾¤W¹q¸Ü¡C

A student spoke to me on the phone for ten minutes. I asked him, "Have you ever heard of earning dividends but incurring capital losses?" He replied, "Yes, I have!" However, he immediately contradicted himself by saying, "It's all about cash dividend yield!" I felt frustrated that he couldn't grasp the same concept presented in a different way. The student even boasted that he was a top-ranking student, but I realized that people tend to become foolish when it comes to investments. He claimed to be a long-term investor who "only cares about dividends, not capital gains." "Is that so?" I replied, "Then, would you mind giving me your stocks? I'll send you the dividends every year." He hung up the phone in a sullen manner.

«Ü¦h¤H¤j·§¤£¾å±o°tªÑ°t®§ªº¹D²z¡A
Á¿½Z5/21´£¨ì¡u°£Åv°£®§«e«áªÑªF°]´I¤£ÅÜ¡v
°t®§¨ä¹ê¬O³ÎªÑªFªº¦×°tµ¹ªÑªF¡A
¤À¨ìªÑ®§¤£ºâÁȨì¡A¦]¬°ªÑ»ù³Q°£¤U¨Ó¡A
¶·¶ñ®§¤F¤~¬OÁȤF¡A
ªÑ»ùº¦¤~¬O­«ÂI¡A«ç»ò·|»¡¥uºÞªÑ®§¡A¤£¦b·N»ù®t?!¡C

Many people may not understand the concept of ex-rights and ex-dividends. As previously discussed in the 5/21 lecture, "shareholder wealth remains the same before and after ex-rights and ex-dividends." Dividends are like taking a portion of shareholders' meat and distributing it among them. Dividends are not earned upon distribution as they are deducted from the stock price. To truly earn from dividends, the stock price must rise to pre-ex-dividend levels.The crucial point lies in the rise of stock prices. How could one claim to only care about dividends and disregard capital gains?

¦³¤HÄU§Ú©ñ¼e¤ß¡u¨à®]¦Û¦³¨à®]ºÖ¡v¡A
¡u¤£¡A³o¥i¬O¤j¬O¤j«Dªº¨Æ¡I
²{ª÷´Þ§Q²vªº¬r®`¤£¸Ñ¦b§ë¸ê¤W±N¨ì³B¸I¾À¡C¡v¡A
§Ú¦b¨g­·¤¤¼R§qµÛ¡C
¹³200¤¸ªº¤¤ºÒ¶Q¶Ü¡H
«ö¬Õ¦Aªí²M·¡Åã¥Ü¶Q¤F¡A
¥i¬O²{ª÷´Þ§Q²vÁÙ¦³ 4%(=8.3®§/200)¡AÁÙ·|¥H¬°«K©y¡C

Someone suggested I should relax and said, "Children have their own luck."
"No, this is a serious matter! The trap of chasing high cash yields will lead investors to trouble everywhere," I shouted into the wind.
Is the price of NT$200 per share of China Steel Chemical expensive?
On's table clearly shows that it is expensive, but some still consider it cheap because of the 4% cash yield (= 8.3 dividend / 200).

2011¦~¤¤ºÒ173¤¸±µªñ¶Q¤F½æ±¼¤§«á§Ú¦b°Q½×°Ï¤½§i¶gª¾¡A
¦b¨ä¥¦ªÀ¸s¤W¬Ý¨ì©~µMÁÙ¦³ºô¤Í¦b·PÁ§Ú
¡u·PÁ¬x¦Ñ«e½ú§â¤¤ºÒ½æ¥X¨Ó¤~¯àÅý¥L¶R¦b180¤¸¡v¡A
³o¦ìºô¤Í¬°¦ó180¤¸ÁÙ·|¥h¶R¤¤ºÒ¡A
¥¿¬O»~«H²{ª÷´Þ§Q²vªºµ²ªG¡C

In 2011, I sold China Steel Chemical at the expensive price of NT$173 and announced it on a discussion forum. I noticed that netizens in other investment clubs thanked me, saying "Thank you, Uncle On, for selling China Steel Chemical so that we can buy it for NT$180." However, this netizen's purchase of China Steel Chemical for NT$180 was the result of a misunderstanding of cash yield.

¤¤ºÒ¬O¥»¤Hªº¦¨¦W¥Nªí§@¤§¤@¡A
2003¦~³Ì¦­µo±¸¡A¦b¡u¿ïªÑÅ]ªk®Ñ¡v¤¶²Ð¡A
¤W½Ò®É¤T¤£¤­®É´£¤@¤U¡A¤Ú¯Z¦P¾Ç³£Áȹ¡¹¡¡C

One of my famous success stories is China Steel Chemical. I discovered it in early 2003 and included it in my "Magic Book". I also mentioned it in my class on numerous occasions, and all my students who invested in it made a fortune.

2015¦~º¦¨ì 1 ¸UÂI¡A¥xªÑ¶}©l¬y¦æ¦sªÑ¡A
»¡¥u­n°ª°t®§³£¤£¥Î½æ¡A¤£ºÞ¦h¶Q³£¥i¥H¶R¡A
¬O¶Ü¡H
¤¤ºÒ­Y¶R¦b200¤¸¡A«á¨Ó¶^¨ì100¤¸¡A
°t®§4¤¸¡A­n°t25¦~®§¤~¸Ñ®M¡I
¤@­Ó¤H¤j·§¥u¦³3­Ó25¦~¡A
²Ä¤@­Ó25¦~¦b°á®Ñ¡A°á¤@¨Ç¨S¥Îªº®Ñ¡A
²Ä¤G­Ó25¦~¦b¤u§@¡A¤j³¡¤À¤H¤u§@ªþ¥[»ù­È³£¤£°ª¡C
®É¶¡¹L±o«Ü§Ö¡A§Ú¶È³Ñ³Ì«á¤@­Ó25¦~¡A
­Y¤´¦b³o¸Ì¸ò¤j®a¡u°ªROE¡A§C¬Õ¦A²v¡v´N´d«s¤F¡A
Ååı¤£¹ï¡AÀ³¸Ó­n¥h°µ¤@¨Ç§ó¦³·N¸qªº¨Æ¡A
©Ò¥H´N«Å¥¬¤£±Ð¤F¡C
¤¤ºÒ¶R¦b200¤¸ªº¤H25¦~«h¦bµ¥¸Ñ®M¡A°Z¤£§ó¥i´d¡H !

In 2015, when the index rose to 10,000 points, stock deposits became popular in the Taiwan market. They claimed that as long as the dividend yield was high, there was no need to sell, and no matter how expensive the stock was, it was still worth buying. But is that true? For instance, if one bought China Steel Chemical at NT$200, and the price subsequently dropped to NT$100, with a dividend yield of NT$4, it would take 25 years to break even! A person probably only has three sets of 25 years. During the first 25 years, one learns from books that are often of little use. During the next 25 years, most people work in jobs with low added value. Time flies by quickly, and I only have my last 25 years left. It would be miserable  if I were still here teaching everyone about "high ROE, low P/E ratios". Realizing this, I decided to do something more meaningful and announced that I would no longer teach. How sad it is for those who bought China Steel Chemical at NT$200 and have been waiting for 25 years to break even!

1 ¸UÂI®ÉÁÙ¥X²{¤@­Ó©Ç½×¡u¦sªÑ­n§â¥»ª÷©ãº¡¡A
¥»ª÷1,000¸U¤¸ªº¸Ü©ãº¡¡A²{ª÷´Þ§Q²v4%¡A
¤@¦~¯à»â¨ì40¸U¤¸ªÑ®§¡A´N°]´I¦Û¥Ñ¤F¡I¡v
Å¥¤F³oºØ½×½Õª½Åý§Ú¥þ¨­°_Âû¥Öª¸½D¡A
º¦¨ì 1 ¸UÂI¥s¤H©ãº¡¡A¹ê¦bµLª¾¡I
³o¨ä¹ê¤£¬O·sÂA¨Æ¡A¨C¹j´X¦~´N·|¥X²{¡G
1¸UÂI¶Rº¡¡A4,000ÂI«h­ü¥s²{ª÷¬O¤ý¡C

When the market index reached 10,000 points, a strange argument arose: "You must fully invest when you deposit stocks. If your principal is $10 million and the cash yield rate is 4%, you can earn a $400,000 dividend within a year, giving you financial freedom!" Hearing this gave me goosebumps. However, it is unwise to invest fully when the market is at its peak. This is not a new phenomenon; it occurs every few years. Everyone all bets when the market is at 10,000 points, but when it drops to 4,000 points, cash becomes king.

§{¶¡¤@°ï¤£¨}²z°]¹F¤H©MÂø»x³£³o¼Ë»~¾É¤j®a¡A
»¡¦s´Þ§Q²v5%¡A¨C¦~ªÑ®§¦¬100-200¸U¤¸¥H¤W¡A³o¼Ë´N°]´I¦Û¥Ñ¤F¡C
¦³¤H¯uªº®³©Ð¤l©è©ã¡A¹ï¥~±i´­¥L°]´I¦Û¥Ñ¤F¡A
³Ì«á«o¬O¸I¨ìÁÙ´Ú¨ì´Á¡A¦Ó«ùªÑ®M¨c½ß¿ú¡K
´£¿ô¤j®a¡A­n°]´I¦Û¥Ñ¤£¬O¾a´Þ§Q²v5%¡A
¦Ó¬O¦~ÁZ®Äªø´Á15%¥H¤W

Some unethical experts and publications have misled the public by promoting the idea that investing in stocks with a 5% cash yield can generate dividends exceeding NT$1-2 million annually and bring financial freedom. However, some individuals pledge their homes as collateral to invest, claiming financial independence, only to suffer losses when the repayment date arrives. It's important to remember that financial freedom isn't attainable through a 5% yield but rather through a long-term annual performance of more than 15%.

2015¦~²z±M²r±À«n«D¹ô¡A»¡§Q²v°ª¡C
µ²ªG©O¡H½ß¤F¶×®t¡C

In 2015, financial advisers strongly recommended investing in the South African currency, Rand, due to its high interest rates. The outcome? Investors suffered significant exchange losses.

¶R©Ðªº¤H³£¦bºâ¯²ª÷³ø¹S²v¡A»¡3%«Ü¤£¿ù¡C
«o§Ñ¤F©Ð»ù·|¶^¡C
2013¦~¸ò¤j®aĵ§i©Ð»ù·|¶^¡A¨S¤H¬Û«H¡A
³£¥H¬°©Ð»ù¬OµL¼Äªº¡A¤£¥i¯à¶^¡C
³o¥@¬É­þ¦³¥uº¦¤£¶^ªº°Ó«~¡A
­Y¦³ªº¸Ü¥@¤W´N¤£·|¦³½a¤H¤F¡A
§Ú­Ì¯ª¥ý¦bº~´Â¶R¤@¼l©Ð¤l¨ì²{¦b¤j®a¤£³£µo¤F¶Ü¡H

Housing investors are calculating rental returns and considering 3% to be a good rate. However, they seem to overlook the possibility of house prices falling. In 2013, I warned others that house prices were likely to decline, but nobody believed me. They all thought that house prices were invulnerable and would never decrease. However, if such a commodity existed, nobody would be poor in the world. Our ancestors purchased houses during the Han Dynasty and passed them down to the next generation. Does that mean everyone is wealthy now?

§Y«K©Ð»ù¤£¶^¨C¦~¤]·|§é¡A
·s¦¨«Î©M¦Ñ©Ð¤l»ù®t¬O«Ü¤jªº¡A
¤@¼Ë¬OÁȤFªÑ®§½ß¤F»ù®t¡C

Even if house prices do not drop, they will still depreciate every year. The price difference between a new and an old house can be significant. The same applies to capital losses incurred to collect dividends.

³Ìªñ¤SÅ¥¨ì©Ç½×¡A²z±M¼£±v«È¤á§â©Ð¤l®³¥h¶U´Ú¡A
»¡§Q²v¤£¨ì3%¡A®³¨Ó¶R°ª¦¬¯q¶Åªº§Q²v6%¥i¥H®M§Q¡H
¥i¥H®M§Q¶Ü¡H
¥Î3%¥h®M§Q6%ªº«e´£¬O6%ªº¶Å¨é»ù®æ¤£¶^¤~¦³¡A
¥i¬O°ª¦¬¶Å¸òªÑ¥«ªºº¦¶^¦P¤è¦V¥B¦P¼Ë¼@¯P¡A
«ç»ò®M§Q¡H

I recently came across a strange argument that bank advisors are encouraging customers to take out a mortgage on their homes at a 3% interest rate and invest in 6% high-yield bonds, claiming it as an arbitrage opportunity. But is it really an arbitrage opportunity? The premise of this strategy is based on the assumption that the price of 6% bonds will not decline, but high-yield bonds are known to fluctuate with the stock market and can be quite volatile. So, how can one actually arbitrage in this scenario?

¥H¤WºØºØ°ÝÃD­Ñ¬O²{ª÷´Þ§Q²vªº¬r®`¡I
ÁȪѮ§¡A½ß¤F»ù®t¡C

All of these issues can be a trap for cash yield. While you may collect dividends, you could also suffer from capital loss.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:25  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
Á¿½Z15/21¡GGDP²z½×
Lecture 15/21 GDP Theorem

«K©y»ù¶Èªí¥ÜªÑ»ù«K©y¡A
¥i¬O·í¤j½L¤£¦n®É¡A«K©yÁÙ·|§ó«K©y¡C
2008¦~ª÷¿Ä­·¼É³\¦hªÑ²¼¶^¨ì«K©y»ù¥H¤U¤S¦A¶^40%¡C
§O¥H¬°¿ï°ªROE¡B°ª°t®§ªºªÑ²¼¡Aµ¥¨ì«K©y¤~¶R¡A
´N¤£·|³QÂ_ÀY¡A·Ó¼Ë·|¡I

Cheap price only means that stock price is cheap, but during a market downturn, the prices can plummet even further. For instance, during the 2008 financial crisis, many stocks that were previously deemed cheap fell by an additional 40%. Relying solely on selecting stocks with high ROE and dividends and waiting for them to become cheap is not sufficient. It is still possible to experience a margin call with this approach.

§Ú­ÌÁÙ¬O§Æ±æ¯à¾¨¶q¶R¦b³Ì§C»ù¡A
¥²¶·ª¾¹D¤j½L¦ì¸m¦b¤°»ò¦a¤è¡H
§PÂ_¤j½L¦ì¸mªº¤èªk¦³2©Û¡G
¤@¬OGDP²z½×¡A
¤G¬O«ö¬Õ¦Aªí¬Ý²{¦b¬O´¶¹M¶Q©Î²Q¡C

To purchase stocks at the lowest possible price, it is essential to know the current market position. Two methods can be employed to evaluate the market's position:
The first method is the GDP Theorem.
The second method is to use On's table to assess whether most stocks are cheap or expensive.

±q¹L¥h°O¿ýµo²{GDP¦~¼W²v¸ò¤j½L«ü¼Æ°ª«×¬ÛÃö¡A
©³¤U³o±i¹Ï±q1990¦~¥H¨Ó¨ì²{¦b¡A¬O¬Û·í§¹¾ãªº¤@±i¹Ï¡C
­Y³o­Ó²{¶H¹L¥h³£¦¨¥ß´N§OÃhºÃ³o¦¸·|¤£·Ç¡A
¨C³{¤j½L°ªÂI¦Ñ¬O¦³¦P¾Ç½èºÃGDP²z½×¤£·Ç¡C

Based on historical data, I have observed a strong correlation between the annual GDP growth rate and the market index. The chart below provides a comprehensive picture of this trend from 1990 to the present day. Given that this phenomenon has been consistent in the past, there is no reason to doubt its accuracy this time around. Despite this, some individuals tend to question the accuracy of the GDP Theorem whenever the market has risen high.

GDP¦~¼W²v©M¤j½L«ü¼Æ¦b³Ì§C¡B³Ì°ªÂI·|¦P®É¥X²{¡A
§Ú¦W¤§¬°GDP²z½×¡C
1991¦~5¤ë«ü¼Æ¨Ó¨ì³Ì°ª6,365¡A
GDP¦~¼W²v³Ì°ª¬O²Ä¤T©u8.5%¡A
«ç»ò¨S¦P©u¥X²{¡H
GDP¬O©u¸ê®Æ¡A¥»ªíªº«ü¼Æ¬°¤ë¸ê®Æ¡A
¨â²Õ¸ê®Æ³æ¦ì¤j¤p¤£¤@¨Ö±Æ¤ñ¸û¥²µM¥X²{
´£«e¤@©u©Î¸¨«á¤@©uªº»~®t¡C

The GDP Theorem states that the annual GDP growth rate and the market index tend to reach their lowest and highest points at the same time. In May 1991, the market index peaked at 6,365, while the annual GDP growth rate was at its highest in the third quarter at 8.5%. One might question why these two factors did not coincide during the same quarter. This discrepancy can be explained by the fact that GDP is measured on a quarterly basis, whereas the indexes in the provided table are measured on a monthly basis. As a result, there is a one-quarter lag or lead between the two sets of data, resulting in the observed error.

±µ¤U¨Ó«ü¼Æ¶^¨ì1993¦~1¤ë3,098¡A
GDP³Ì§C6.7%¤]¤@¼Ë¸¨¦b²Ä¤@©u¡C

The market index fell to 3,098 in January 1993. During this time, the GDP in the first quarter was at its lowest, reaching 6.7%.

«ü¼Æ¤Sº¦¦Ü1994¦~10¤ë7,228¡A
GDP³Ì°ª7.9%¦b²Ä¥|©u¤S¦P¨B¤F¡C

The market index rose to 7,228 in October 1994, while the GDP in the fourth quarter reached its highest point at 7.9%.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:28  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¦³¤H»¡GDP¬O¸¨«á«ü¼Ð¡H
¤£µM¡A±q¤W¹Ï«Kª¾GDP©M«ü¼Æ¦P¨B¡A±q¥¼¸¨«á¡A
GDP¥u¬O¸û±ß¤½§G¡A
¸û±ß¤½§G¦p¦ó¨Æ¥ý¹wª¾GDP¡H
YoY¡I¥Î°ò´Á¤ñ¸û´N¥i¹w¥ý¬ã§PGDP¡C

Some people say that GDP is a lagging indicator. However, as can be seen from the above chart, GDP and the market index move in sync and have never lagged behind. The only delay is in the timing of the GDP announcement. How can we predict GDP in advance when it is announced later? YoY! By comparing with the base period, we can predict GDP trends in advance.

SARS¦b2003¦~²Ä¤G©u¡A·í®É´Nª¾¨º¬O³Ì§CÂI¡A
§ÚÁÙ¹w¨¥¦bSARS¤§«áªÑ¥«±N¤Wº¦¨ì¹j¦~²Ä¤G©u¡A
¬°¦ó´±¦p¦¹Â_¨¥¡H
¤£¬O¹w¦ôGDP¡A¯Âºé¥u¬OYoY°µ°ò´Á¤ñ¸û¦Ó¤w¡C
SARS¬O2003¦~²Ä¤G©uGDP³Ì§C¡A
±µ¤U¨Ó´º®ð¦nÂàGDP¦~¼W²v±N¦b­þ¤@©u¹F¨ì³Ì°ª¡H
·íµM¬O¹j¦~²Ä¤G©u³Ì°ª¡A
¦]¬°¦~¼W²v¬O¸ò¥h¦~¦P´Á¤ñ¸û¡A
¥h¦~°ò´Á§C¡A¤µ¦~´N·|°ª¡C
«ü¼Æ«h¦b2004¦~3¤ë7,135¹F¨ì³Ì°ª¡A
¸ò²Ä¤G©u¥u®t 1 ­Ó¤ë¡A¹w¦ô¬Û·í·Ç½T¡I

¤£¥²¹w¦ôGDP¡A¥u­n¥ÎYoY°µ°ò´Á¤ñ¸û§Y¥i¡C

In the second quarter of 2003, SARS outbreak occurred, and I predicted that it was the market's lowest point. I confidently asserted that the stock market would rise to its peak in the second quarter of the following year after SARS. How could I make such an accurate prediction? It was not a forecast of GDP, but merely a comparison of YoY's base period. When SARS hit, the GDP dropped to its lowest point in the second quarter of 2003. As the economy improved, the annual GDP growth rate would reach its highest point in the second quarter of the following year because the annual growth rate is compared to the same period last year. The base period was low last year, so it would be high this year. The market index reached its peak at 7,135 in March 2004, which was only one month away from the second quarter, making the prediction quite accurate!

There is no need to forecast GDP; using YoY for base period comparison is sufficient.

GDP²z½×¹L¥h¦³3¦¸¥X¤J¸û¤j¡A
¨ä¤¤2¦¸¬O2003¦~©M2005¦~¡C³o2¦¸¥X²{W©³¡A
¤£¹L¥u­n°í«ù¶R¦bGDP§CÂI¡A
§Y«K¤£¬O¶R¦b³Ì§CÂI¡AÂ÷©³³¡¤]¤£·|¤Ó»·¡C
2003¦~¶R¦b4,044Â÷©³³¡3,845¤£»·¡A
2005¦~¶R¦b5,565¶Z§CÂI5,255«Üªñ¡C

In the past, there were three significant deviations from the GDP Theorem, with two occurring in 2003 and 2005 where double W-bottoms were observed. However, if one remains committed to buying at a low GDP, even if it is not at the exact lowest point, it would not be too far from the bottom. For instance, the purchase made at 4,044 in 2003 was not far from the bottom of 3,845, while buying at 5,565 in 2005 was very close to the low of 5,255.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:34  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
GDP²z½×¦P¾Ç½èºÃÁn³Ì¤jªº¬O2010¦~³o¤@¦¸¡A
2010¦~²Ä¤@©uGDP¦~¼W²v³Ì°ª13.6%¡A
¤§«á¤@¸ô©¹¤U¨ì2012¦~²Ä¤G©u¤~¸¨©³¡A¨«¤F2¦~¥b¡C
«ü¼Æ¦b2010¦~1¤ë¥X²{²Ä¤@­ÓÀY³¡8,395¡A
¤§«á¶^¨ì7,049¡A³QQE2©Ô¤W¨Ó¨ì9,221¦¨²Ä¤G­ÓÀY¡A
³o¬O¤@­ÓMÀY¡C
³o¦¸´N¦³¤H½èºÃGD²z½×¤£·Ç¤F¡C

The most questioned instance of GDP Theorem by students occurred in 2010. The annual GDP growth rate was at its highest in the first quarter, reaching 13.6%. Subsequently, it continued to decline for two and a half years until the second quarter of 2012. In January 2010, the market index reached its first peak at 8,395, then dropped to 7,049 before being boosted by Quantitative Easing 2 (QE2) to 9,221, forming a second peak in the shape of an "M". Despite this pattern, some individuals still raised doubts regarding the accuracy of the GDP Theorem.

·Ç¤£·Ç¤£­n³æ¬Ý«ü¼Æ¡A¦Ó¬O­n¬ÝÃþªÑªí²{¤~ª¾¡C
³o¦¸¬O¤À2§å¶^¡A¹q¤l¡Bª÷¿Ä¡B´²¸Ë½ü±q8,395°_¶^¡A
¥t¤@¥b¥Ûªo©M°ªROEªÑ«h³QQE2©Ô¤W¥h¨ì9,221¤~¶^¡C
¹q¤lªÑ­Y¼µ¨ì9,221¤~½æ¤w¸g¨Ó¤£¤Î¤F¡A¶^¤F3¦¨¡C
²Ó¬ÝÃþªÑªí²{¤´µM²Å¦XGDP²z½×¡C

It is important not to rely solely on the index, but to also examine the performance of different sectors. In the case of the market downturn, it occurred in two stages, with electronics, finance, and bulk shipping experiencing a decline from the peak of 8,395. On the other hand, oil and high ROE stocks were lifted by QE2 to 9,221 before eventually dropping. Holding onto electronics stocks until 9,221 proved to be too late, resulting in a 30% decline. Nevertheless, a careful analysis of sector performance still aligns with the principles of GDP Theorem.

³o¦¸´º®ð°ªÂI¨ì§CÂI¡A2010¦~ªì¨ì2012¦~²Ä¤G©u¡A
¨«¤F2¦~¥b¤~¸¨©³¡C
¦]¬°§Ú­Ì²ßºD¥ÎYoY§PÂ_¡A­Y¥h¦~°ò´Á°ª´N»{¬°¤µ¦~´N¸¨©³¤F¡A
¦P¾Ç°Ý³o¼Ë·|¤£·|¦b¤s¸y®É»~§P¸¨©³¦Ó´£¦­¶R¶i¡H
³o·íµM¦³¥i¯à¡A
¥D­p³Bµ¹ªº²Ä¤@ª©¹w¦ô¤]¬O¦ô´º®ð¦b2011¦~²Ä¤@©u¸¨©³¡C
¥i¬O§PÂ_¤j½L°ª§CÂIªº¤èªk¦³2©Û¡A°£¤FGDP¤§¥~¡A
¥t¤@©Û¬O«ö¬Õ¦Aªí¬ÝªÑ²¼¬O§_´¶¹M¶Q¤F¡C
2011¦~²Ä¤@©u«ü¼Æ9,200ªÑ»ù´¶¹M¶Q¡A
·í®É´£¿ô¦P¾Ç¤p¤ß¡A«oµL¤H³¾§Ú¡A
¥u¦n§â¤ß·Rªº¤¤ºÒ®³¥X¨Ó½æµ¹¤j®a¬Ý¡A½æ¦b173¤¸ªº°ª»ù¡C

This business cycle went from a high point to a low point, spanning from the beginning of 2010 to the second quarter of 2012, which took about two and a half years to reach the bottom. As we tend to make judgments on an annual basis, if last year's base period was high, we might mistakenly assume that it has fallen this year. A student once asked if we could misjudge the bottom of the index and buy stocks early on the halfway. Indeed, it is possible. Besides using GDP to determine highs and lows of the market, we can also refer to On's table to check if most stocks are expensive. In the first quarter of 2011, the index's highest share price reached 9,200, which was very expensive. I warned my students to be cautious at the time, but nobody listened to me. Therefore, I sold my beloved China Steel Chemical at a high price of NT$173 to show them the consequences.

³o­Óª¬ªp¨ä¹ê´N¬O¬ì´µ¦«Äõ¥§©ÒÁ¿ªº¤ñ³ë¡A
¸gÀÙ¸òªÑ¥«ªºÃö«Yµ¥©ó¥D¤H¦b»¿ª¯¡A
ª¯·|¶]¨Ó¶]¥h§YªÑ»ù¶Wº¦¶W¶^¡C
´º®ð¦b©¹¤U¨«¡AªÑ»ù³QQE2©Ô¤W¥h¡Aµ²ªG©O¡H
Á`¦³¤@¤Ñ·|¦^¨Ó¡C
§Ú­ÌÅ¥¦Ñ¬ìÁ¿³o­Ó¤ñ³ë®É³£Ä±±o¬z¬z¦³¨ý¡A
¥i¬O¨­³B¦b·í®É«o±q¤£»{¬°ª¯¶]»·¡A
¦Ó¬O¥D¤H¶]»·¡A¦^¹LÀY¨Ó¥h°l¨º°¦ª¯¡C

This situation is a metaphor for Kostolany's philosophy on the relationship between the economy and the stock market, which he likens to an owner and his dog. Just as dogs run around, stock prices will go up and down. While the economy was declining, QE2 pushed up stock prices, but we knew that the dogs would come back eventually. When Kostolany talked about this metaphor, we were all captivated. However, in the market, we often forget that the dog can run too far, and instead of chasing the dog, we end up chasing after the owner who has already run away.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6312
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 4

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 21:37  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¬°¦ó§Ú­Ì¹ïGDP²z½×³o»ò­«µø¡A±q¹L¥hªº¸gÅç¨Óªº¡A
2008¦~¦Ê¦~Ãø±o¤@¨£ªºª÷¿Ä­·¼É¡A
§Ú­Ì¤£¬O¦b2008¦~ªì¤~¥s¤j®a½æªÑ²¼¡A¦Ó¬O2007¦~10¤ë¡C
2007¦~«ü¼Æº¦¨ì8,500§Y¦³¦P¾Ç¤Ï¬M§ä¤£¨ì«K©yªºªÑ²¼¶R¡A
§Ú§Y´£¿ô¡u¨º´N¤Ö¶R¤@ÂI¡C¡v
«ü¼Æº¦¨ì³Ì°ªÂI9,859¤§«áªº²Ä¤T¤Ñ§Ú¸õ¥X¨Ó³Û¡u°ªÂI¨ì¤F¡v¡A
²z¥Ñ§Y¨Ì·Ó¥D­p³Bªº¹w¦ôGDP¦~¼W²v°ªÂI¦b²Ä¤T©u¡A
©Ò¥H¿í¦uGDP²z½×ªº¤H½æ¦b9,800¡A
¦b½æªÑ®É®Ú¥»¤£ª¾¹j¦~·|µo¥Í¤°»ò¨Æ¡I

Why do I attach so much importance to GDP Theorem? It's because of my past experience. The financial crisis of 2008 was a rare occurrence in a century. In October 2007, we recommended that everyone sell their shares instead of waiting until early 2008. When the index rose to 8,500 in 2007, some students reported that they could not find cheap stocks to buy. I reminded them to "buy less." On the third day after the index rose to its highest point of 9,859, I jumped out and shouted "the high point is here" based on the estimated annual GDP growth rate of the DGBAS in the third quarter. People who followed the GDP Theorem sold at 9,800. When selling stocks, I don't know what will happen next year!

¥D­p³B¦b¨C¦~2¤ë¡B5¤ë¡B8¤ë¡B11¤ëªº25¤é¤½¥¬¤W¤@©uGDP¡A
¨Ã´£¥X¥¼¨Ó¤@¦~4©u¹w´ú¡C
2007¦~11¤ë25¤é¥D­p³B¹w¦ô2008¦~²Ä¤T©uGDP¦~¼W²v±N³Ì§C¡A
³o­Ó¹w¦ô§Ú­Ì»{¦P¡A¦]2007¦~²Ä¤T©uGDP³Ì°ª¡A
¹j¦~2008²Ä¤T©uÀ³·í³Ì§C¡C
·í®É¦³¦ì¦P¾Ç»¡¥LªÑ²¼½æ§¹¤F·Q¥h¥ð¦~°²¡A
§Ú¹ªÀy¥L¡u¥h¥ð°²§a¡Aµ¥¤¤¬î¸`¦A¦^¨Ó¡v¡C

On the 25th of February, May, August, and November each year, the DGBAS announces the GDP of the previous quarter and provides a forecast for the next year's four quarters. On November 25, 2007, the DGBAS estimated that the annual GDP growth rate in the third quarter of 2008 would be the lowest. I agreed with this estimate because the GDP in the third quarter of 2007 was the highest, so the third quarter of 2008 should be the lowest in the following year. At that time, a student said that he wanted to take annual leave after his stocks were sold out. I encouraged him to "go on vacation and come back after the Mid-Autumn Festival."

³o¦¸GDP§CÂI©ó2009¦~²Ä¤@©u¤~¸¨©³¡A¦]¦¸¶U­·¼É¤ñ¹w´ÁÄY­«¡C
«ü¼Æ3,955«h¦b2008¦~11¤ëIJ©³¡A
¦Ó§Ú­Ì¦b²Ä¤T©u6,000ÂI®É¶i³õ¡C
¶RªÑ²¼¬Oº¥¶iªº¹Lµ{¡A
6,000ÂI¶R¤F¤@¨ÇªÑ²¼³Q®M¨c¤F¡A·|®`©È¡A
µ¥¨ì¤£¶^¤F¦A¶R¤@¨Ç¡A¤S³Q®M§ó©È¡A
³Q®M¨c·|©È¬O¤Ñ¸g¦a¸q¡A½ÖµL¤÷¥À¡A½Ö¤£·|©È¡H
´N³o¼Ë¶R¶R°±°±¡A¶R¨ì2009¦~1¤ë¶R¨ì¤â³n¸}³n¡A
¤~µo²{©~µM¤@¸ô¤W¥h¤F¡C

The GDP hit a low point in the first quarter of 2009 due to the subprime mortgage crisis being worse than expected. The index hit its bottom at 3,955 in November 2008. We began buying stocks in the third quarter at 6,000 points. Buying stocks is a gradual process, and I initially bought some stocks at 6,000 points but got stuck and became afraid. I waited to buy more until the price stabilized, and I became even more afraid. It's natural to be afraid of getting stuck, and who doesn't have parents that worry about this? Despite these fears, I continued to buy, pause, and buy again until January 2009, and I found that the stock prices had risen continuously.

©ê¨ì2009¦~6¤ë6,000ÂI®É¦³¦P¾Ç»¡¡A¥L·Q¥ý½æ¤@½ë¡A
¦]¬°4,000©ê¨ì6,000ÁÈû{¤F¡A
§Ú¸õ¥X¨Óªý¤î¡uÄò©ê¡AGDPÅã¥Ü¦~©³¤~¬O°ªÂI¡C¡v
´N³o¼Ë¤@¸ô©ê¨ì2010¦~1¤ë8,300½æ±¼¤@¥b¡C
§Ú½æªº¨º¤@¥b³£¶^¡AÂE®ü½æ¦b150¤¸¡A°ê®õª÷59¤¸¡A¤¤¿û30´X¤¸¡C
°ªROEªÑ¤´¯dµÛ¡A
¨ì2011¦~9,000ÂI¦A§â¤¤ºÒ®³¥X¨Ó½æ±¼¡A
³o´N¬O2008¦~¾ã­Ó¹Lµ{¡C

When the index hit a low of 3,955 in November 2008, we began gradually buying stocks, entering at 6,000 points in the third quarter. However, I got stuck after buying some stocks at 6,000 points, and waited to buy more until the market stabilized. Despite the fear of getting stuck, we continued to buy until January 2009, when we realized that stocks had risen significantly. When we held the stocks at 6,000 points in June 2009, a student expressed interest in selling and taking a profit of 4,000 to 6,000. However, I advised holding on because GDP indicated that the end of the year would bring a high. As a result, we sold half of our shares at 8,300 in January 2010, just before prices for stocks such as Hon Hai (2317.TW), Cathay Financial Holdings (2882.TW), and China Steel (2002.TW) dropped significantly. High ROE stocks remained unchanged. Finally, in 2011, we sold China Steel Chemical at an index of 9,000 points. This was the entire process in 2008.

¾ú¸g¥»¦¸ª÷¿Ä­·¼Éµ¹§Ú­Ì¤@­Ó±Ò¥Ü¡G
¥u­n¦bGDP°ªÂI´î½X¤U¨Ó¡AºÞ¥¦¤°»òªÑ¨a³£¸ò§ÚµLÃö¡I
°µ§ë¸ê³Ì©È¹J¨ìªÑ¨a¡A¦p¦óÁ×±¼¡H
«Ü²³æ¡A¿í¦uGDP²z½×¡I

After the financial turmoil, we were inspired: If we cut positions at the highest point of GDP, it doesn't matter what market crashes occur.
Investors are most afraid of market crashes, but how can they be avoided? It's very simple, just follow the GDP Theorem!

³»³¡