µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 10:50  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
·l¯qªí¤]¬O¡A§â¥À¤½¥q¸ò¤l¤½¥qªº©Ò¦³·|­p¬ì¥Ø
ª½±µ¬Û¥[¦©±¼­«½Æªº³¡¤À¡A
¨ì³Ì«á´N¬O¦X¨Ö²b§Q¡A
©³¤U¤@¼Ë¦h¤@­Ó¬ì¥Ø¥s¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv¡C

The same applies to the income statement. All accounting entries from both the parent company and subsidiary are directly added and duplicates are subtracted. The bottom line is consolidated net profit. As in the case of net assets, there is a minority interest account included in the consolidated income statement.

¦b¦X¨Ö²b­È¸ò¦X¨Ö²b§Q©³¤U¤F¦h¤@­Ó¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv¡A
¤@±i³øªí­Y·d¤£²M¨ì©³¬O¦X¨ÖÁÙ¬O«D¦X¨Ö¡H
§ä¤@¤U¸ÌÀY¦³¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅvªº§Y¦X¨Ö³øªí¡C

In both the consolidated net assets and consolidated net profit, there is an additional account for minority interests.
If you are unsure whether a statement is consolidated or non-consolidated, look for the presence of the minority interests account.
If it is included, the statement is a consolidated one.

³øªí¦³2ºØ¡Aºâ¥X¨Óµª®×­n¤@¼Ë¡A
ROE­Y®³³æ¿W³øªí¨Óºâ¡Aª½±µ´N¬OEPS¡ÒNAV¡A
­Y®³¦X¨Ö³øªí¨Óºâ¡A´N±o¦A¦©±¼¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv¡C

There are two forms of statements, and the outcome must be consistent. If ROE is computed using a non-consolidated statement, it is directly EPS¡ÒNAV. On the other hand, if a consolidated statement is used for calculation, we need to subtract minority equity.

¬Õ¦A²vªº­pºâ¡A¦]¬°¦X¨Ö³øªí¶È°w¹ï
¦X¨Ö²b­È¸ò¦X¨Ö²b§Q°Ï¤À¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv¡A
¨ä¥Lªº¬ì¥Ø´N¨S¦³³o¼Ëªº°Ï¤À¡A
µL¦X¨Ö©T©w¸ê²£ªº¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv»P¦X¨Öªø´Á§ë¸êªº¤Ö¼ÆªÑÅv¡C
­Y®³¦X¨Ö³øªí¨Óºâ¡A½Ð¥þ³¡¥Î¦X¨Öªº¥hºâ¡C

The calculation of PR% uses consolidated statements, which only distinguish minority interests in consolidated net assets and consolidated net profit. There is no such distinction in other accounts, such as consolidated fixed assets and long-term investments without minority interests. When using consolidated statements to calculate PR%, it is necessary to include all consolidated figures.

¬Õ¦A²v¥Î¦X¨Ö³øªí¸ò«D¦X¨Öºâ·|¦³®t²§¡A
¦óªÌ¤ñ¸û¤j¡H
¤£¤@©w¡A¤l¤½¥q¸ê¥»±K¶°ªº¤½¥q¤ñ¸û¦h
¥Î¦X¨Ö³øªíºâ¥X¨Óªº¬Õ¦A²v¤ñ¸û¤j¡C

The calculation of PR% using consolidated statements and non-consolidated statements may result in different outcomes, but it is not certain which one is greater. Companies with more capital-intensive subsidiaries tend to have a higher PR% when calculated using consolidated statements.

Á¿½Z9/21´£¨ì¦a¹pªÑ³QÄY­«±ÇªÅªº¼Ð·Ç¡A¬Õ¦A²v¤j©ó200%¡A
¦b¦X¨Ö³øªí¤´µM¾A¥Î¡C
¥Ø«e¦¬¶°¨ì°ê¥~¦a¹pªÑªº¨Ò¤l¡A
¦¿¦èÁɺû¡B¨h¯È¨óøÊ¡B¤¤°ê¥ì§Q¡A¬Õ¦A²v³£¶W¹L200%¡C

IIn the 9/21 lecture, the criteria for severely hollowed-out landmine stocks was discussed as having a PR% greater than 200%. This criterion still applies when using consolidated statements. Currently, examples of foreign landmine stocks have been collected, including Jiangxi LDK Solar, Nine Dragons Paper, and China Yili, whose PR% have all exceeded 200%.

49°êªº¬Õ¦Aªí§ìªº³£¬O¦X¨Ö³øªí¡C

The tables of 49 countries in "On" now all use consolidated statements.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 11:01  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¬Õ¦Aªí¦³®É­Ô»Ý­n­×§ï¡A
¨é°Ó¸ê®Æ®w®æ¦¡§ó°Ê¡A¬Õ¦Aªí´N±o¸òµÛ§ï¡A
§ï¦n¤§«á·|¦b°Q½×°Ï±i¶K¤½§i¡A
¤£¥Î¾á¤ß§Ú­Ì³o°ó½Ò¬O¥Ã¤[«O©T¡A¬Õ¦Aªí¤]¬O¡C
¤j®aÀ³¸Óª¾¹D³o¤@½ú¤l¤w²æÂ÷¤£¤F§ÚªºÅ]´x¤ß¤F¡A
©Ò¿×°µ§ë¸ê¡H´N¦b«ö¬Õ¦Aªí¦Ó¤w¡A
¦P¾Ç°Ý§Ú­þ¤@¤äªÑ²¼«ç»ò¬Ý¡H
§Ú¤]¬O®Ú¾Ú¬Õ¦Aªí¦b¸ÑÄÀ¡C

On's table may need to be updated from time to time,
due to changes in the format of the broker's database.
When updates are made, a notice will be posted in the discussion forum.
Please be assured that our class and On's table are both covered by a permanent warranty.
You should be aware that you will never escape my influence for the rest of your life.
What is investment all about? Simply consult On's table.
When students ask for my opinion on certain stocks,
I always base my explanation on On's table.

§â§ë¸êÅܲ³æªº¤H¡A¤£¬O¤Úµá¯S¡A¬O§Ú°Ú¡I
¦³¬Õ¦Aªí¤§«á§ë¸ê¤~Åܱo³o»ò²³æ¡A
¬Õ¦Aªí¬O§Ú¼gªºµ{¦¡¡A«D±`½ÆÂøªºµ{¦¡¡C

The person who made investment simple is not Warren Buffett, it's me!
Investment only became this simple with the existence of On's table, which is a program written by me and is extremely complex.

¦P¾Ç¤U¸ü¤F·sª©ªº¬Õ¦Aªí¡A
½Ð§âª©ªº§R±¼¡A«O¯d·sª©ªº´N¦n¡A
¬Ý¦³¨Ç¤HÁÙ¦b¦¬¶°Âª©ªº¬Õ¦Aªí¡A
¬O·Q¨Ó´«¤½¥J¶Ü¡H

If students have downloaded a new version of On's table,
it is recommended that they delete the old version and retain the new one.
Some students have saved previous versions of On's table.
Would they like to exchange them for toys?

¦P¾ÇÁٰݧڷsª©©Mª©¼Æ¦r¬°¦ó·|¤£¤@¼Ë¡H
´N¬O¤£¤@¼Ë¤~­n§ó·s°Ú¡I

Students also ask me why the numbers in the new version and the old version are different.
This is the reason for update !

¤W³o°ó½Ò±`±`³Q¦P¾Ç°Ý¨ì¤@¨ÇÅý§Ú¥þ¨­µL¤Oªº°ÝÃD¡C
³ø¦W®É¦P¾Ç»¡¥L¦Ñ±C¹ï§ë¸ê¤]«Ü¦³¿³½ì¡A
¥LÄ@·NÀ°¦Ñ±C¥I¤¤¤È«K·íªº¿ú¡A
°Ý§Ú³o¼Ë¤l¥i¤£¥i¥H¡H
§Ú¦^¥L¡u­ü³é¡I³o¼Ë«ç»ò¦n·N«ä©O¡A
¥i¬O§A¦Ñ±CÁÙ¬O­n¦Aµ¹§Ú¾Ç¶O§r¡I¡v

In this class, I'm often asked some questions that leave me feeling powerless by students.
On the first day of class, a student mentioned that his wife was also interested in investing and offered to pay for her lunch. I replied, "Oh, how thoughtful! However, your wife still needs to pay the tuition fee."

¥t¥~¤@­Ó¦P¾Ç°Ý¡A¥L¦Ñª¨¹ï§ë¸ê¤]«Ü¦³¿³½ì¡A
¥L·Q§â¥L¤@¦¸¥Ã¤[§K¶O«O©Tªº¾÷·|Åýµ¹¦Ñª¨¥i¤£¥i¥H¡H
§Ú»¡¡u¦Y¨ì¹¡ªºÀ\ÆU¨â¤H¦P¨Ó¤]¬O¦¬2­Ó¤HªºÀ\¶O°Ú¡I¡v

Another student asked if he could transfer his chance for a free permanent warranty to his father, who is also interested in investing.
I responded by saying, "Even if two people dine together in an all-you-can-eat restaurant, each person still has to pay for their own meal."

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 11:04  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
§ë¸êªº·|­p³B²z¡G
¤½¥q§ë¸ê¥t¥~¤@®a¤½¥q¦b·|­p¤W­n¥h«ç»ò°O±b¡H
³o¸Ì²o¯A¨ì¤@¨Ç±M¦³¦Wµü¡A¦P¾Ç­n§V¤O°O¤@¤U¡A
¥H«á¬Ý¨ì¬ÛÃö³ø§i®É¤~ª¾¹D¤°»ò·N«ä¡C

Investment accounting:
How does the company keep books when it invests in another company ?
There are some terminologies involved here, please try hard to remember.
You will know what it means when you see the relevant report later.

Âà§ë¸ê«ç»ò°O±b¡H¥H«ùªÑ20%¬°·Ç¡A
20%¥H¤Wªº¡A50%¥H¤U¥s°µÅv¯qªk¡A
«ö«ùªÑ¤ñ¨Ò»{¦C¬ÕÁ«¡C
20%¥H¤U¬°¦¨¥»ªk¡A»{¦CªÑ»ùº¦¶^¡C
¬°¦ó¦p¦¹°Ï¤À¡H
20%¥H¤Wµø¬°¤½¥qªº¤@³¡¤À¡A
§Y«K¨S°t®§¥X¨Ó¡A¤´ª½±µ«ö«ùªÑ¤ñ¨Ò»{¦C¬ÕÁ«¡C
20%¥H¤U¦¨¥»ªk«h·í§@¯ÂºéªºªÑ²¼§ë¸ê¡A
»{¦CªÑ»ùªºº¦¶^¡C

How to record investment in financial statements? A 20% shareholding is taken as a baseline. Investments above 20% but below 50% are accounted using the equity method, where profit and loss are recognized based on the proportion of shareholdings. Investments below 20% are accounted using the cost method, and any changes in stock price are recognized. Why the distinction? Investments exceeding 20% are considered part of the company, and the profit and loss are recognized directly based on the shareholding ratio, even if no dividends are distributed. In contrast, investments below 20% using the cost method are considered a pure stock investment, and fluctuations in stock price must be recognized.

Á|¨Ò»¡©ú¡AÅv¯qªk¡G«ùªÑ20%ªº¤l¤½¥qÁȤF25¤¸¡A
¦b¥À¤½¥q·l¯qªí·~¥~§ë¸ê¦¬¤J¼W¥[5¤¸¡A
¸ê²£­t¶Åªíªø§ë¼W¥[5¤¸¡A²{ª÷¥¼¼W¡A¦]¥u¬O»{¦C¡C

Example of Equity Method: A subsidiary with 20% shareholding earns a profit of $25.
The parent company's non-operating investment income on the income statement increases by $5.
The long-term investments on the balance sheet also increase by $5, but cash does not change as this is a bookkeeping entry only.

·í¤l¤½¥q°t®§3¤¸¡A«hµø¬°§ë¸ê¦¬¦^¡A
¥À¤½¥q²{ª÷¼W¥[3¤¸¡Aªø§ë´î±¼3¤¸¡A¦]µø¬°§ë¸ê¦¬¦^¡C
³o¸ò¦³¨Ç¤H»¡¥LªÑ²¼©ê¦n´X¦~¤F¡A
¨C¦~°t®§§â«ù¦³¦¨¥»¦©±¼¡A«ùªÑ¤w¬O¹s¦¨¥»¡A
§Yµø¬°§ë¸ê¦¬¦^¡C

When a subsidiary pays a dividend of $3, it is considered a return on investment. The parent company's cash increases by $3, and the long-term investment decreases by $3 as it is considered a return on the investment. This is similar to long-term investors, where the annual dividends minus the holding costs equal zero, resulting in a return on investment.

¦³¤H°Ý¡Aªø§ë´î3¤¸¡A´î¨ì³Ì«áªø§ë·|¤£·|Åܦ¨­tªº¡H
¤£·|¡Aªø§ë³»¦hÅܦ¨0¡A¦]¬°¤½¥qÁÈ5¤¸¡Aªø§ë§Y¼W¥[5¤¸¡A
°t®§³»¦h5¤¸¡Aªø§ë´î¨ì³Ì«á¥u·|Åܦ¨0¡A¤£¦Ü©óÅܦ¨­tªº¡C

A question was raised if the reduction of long-term investment by $3 would result in a negative value. The answer is no, the long-term investment will only decrease to 0 at the most. This is because the subsidiary earned a profit of $5, and the long-term investment increased by $5. The dividend received can only be a maximum of $5, so the long-term investment will only decrease to 0, and it will not become negative.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 11:06  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¦¨¥»ªk»{¦CªÑ»ùº¦¶^¡A¤À¬°¥æ©ö¥Øªº¸ò³Æ¨Ñ¥X°â¡A
¥æ©ö¥Øªº¬O°µµu½uªºªÑ²¼¡A
³Æ¨Ñ¥X°â´N¬O¥i¨Ñ¥X°â¡A¬°°µªø½uªºªÑ²¼¡C

The cost method recognizes changes in stock prices, which can be classified into two categories: transaction purposes and available for sale.
Transaction purposes refer to stocks held for short-term purposes, less than a year.
Available for sale refers to stocks held for long-term purposes.

¥æ©ö¥ØªºªÑ»ùº¦¶^¦b·~¥~ªºª÷¿Ä¸ê²£µû»ù¬ì¥Ø»{¦C¡A
½æ±¼ªÑ²¼«h°O¬°³B¤À§Q±o¡C

Stock price rises and falls of transaction purpose are recognized in non-operating financial asset evaluation account.
Sale of stocks is recorded as a disposal gain.

¥Ã°O¦b¥H©¹¨C©uÁÈ 1 »õ¦h¤¸¡A
2012¦~²Ä¤@©u«oÁȤF3.1»õ¤¸¡A
¨ä¤¤ 1 »õ¦h¤¸ª÷¿Ä¸ê²£µû»ù§Q¯q¡A
¦]¬°¸Ó©uªÑ¥«¤jº¦±q6,600º¦¨ì8,200¡C
¥Ã°O¬O°µªoº£ªº¡A¥»·~ÁÙºâÁÈ¿ú¡A
¥i¬O¥¼¥þ°t®§µ¹ªÑªF¡A
ÁÙ¯d¤U¤@¨Ç¿ú¦Û¤v¦bª±ªÑ²¼¡AªÑ²¼ª±±o«Ü¤j¡C

Yung Chi Paint (2726.TW) has been earning more than NT$100 million in profit every quarter in the past, but in the first quarter of 2012, it earned NT$310 million. Among them, more than NT$100 million was financial asset appraisal income, due to the surge in the stock market from 6,600 points to 8,200 points this quarter. Yung Chi is a painter and his main business is making money. However, dividends are not fully paid to shareholders, and some money is left for the manager to play stocks, which is a big play in the stock market.

³Æ¨Ñ¥X°âªºªÑ»ùº¦¶^¤£»{¦C·l¯q¡A§ï¦b²b­È½Õ¾ã¡C

The stock price changes for available-for-sale securities are not recognized as gains or losses and are instead adjusted in the net assets.

·s¥úª÷2011¦~²b§QÁȤF55»õ¤¸¡A¥i¬O²b­È´î¤Ö174»õ¤¸¡C
·s¥úª÷¬O¹ØÀI¤½¥q¡A§ë¸ê«Ü¦hªÑ²¼¡A
2011¦~¹ØÀI¥»·~¤´µMÁÈ¿ú¡A
¥i¬OªÑ¥«ªÅÀY¡A«ü¼Æ9,200¶^¨ì6,600¡A
ªÑ²¼½ß¤F¿ú¦C¬°³Æ¨Ñ¥X°â¡A
¶^»ù·l¥¢¤£¥Î´£¦C·l¥¢¡A±q²b­È¦©±¼¡A¤Ö±¼174»õ¤¸¡C
³o¸ò¤@­Ó¤HÁ~¤ô10¸U¤¸¡Aª±ªÑ²¼½ß¤F300¸U¤¸¤@¼Ë¡A
¨s³ºÁÈ¿úÁÙ¬O½ß¿ú¡H

Shin Kong Financial Holding (2888.TW) reported a net profit of NT$5.5 billion in 2011 despite a decrease in its net assets by NT$17.4 billion. As a life insurance company, Shin Kong heavily invests in stocks. Although its life insurance business remained profitable in 2011, the stock market was in a bear market, declining from 9,200 to 6,600 points. The capital losses were recorded as available for sale, but they are not considered actual losses, but rather a reduction in net assets, which were NT$17.4 billion. It's like someone who has a salary of $100,000 and loses $3 million in stock trading. Does he make money or lose money?

¼í®õ¥þ2015¦~EPS 8.1¤¸¡A¹j¦~ªÑ®§¶È1.6¤¸¡A
¬°¦ó°t®§¶È20%³o»ò¤Ö¡H
¦]¬°»{¦CÂà§ë¸ê«n¤s¤H¹Ø³Æ¨Ñ¥X°â·l¥¢¡C
¼í®õ¥þ2015¦~²b­È¤Ö¤F802»õ¤¸¡A¤Ö¤F71%¡C
­Y«D2013¦~¿ì¤F²{ª÷¼W¸ê¡A2015¦~²b­È±N¦¨­t¼Æ¡A¯}²£¡I

Ruentex Industries (2915.TW) had an EPS of NT$8.1 in 2015, but the dividend for the following year was only NT$1.6. Why is the dividend payout ratio so low at only 20%? A loss in Nanshan Life was confirmed, resulting in a loss on available for sale, causing a decrease in Ruentex Industries' net assets in 2015 to NT$80.2, a decrease of 71%. If it weren't for the right issue in 2013, the net assets in 2015 would have become negative and the company would have gone bankrupt.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 11:08  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
³Æ¨Ñ¥X°âªº¶^»ù¤£­p·l¥¢¡A¬Õ¾lµê¼W¡A
±q²b­È½Õ¾ã¡A²b­È¤U­°¡A
±N³y¦¨ROE¤W¤É¡A¤º¦b»ù­È¼W¥[¡A³o°Z¤£¥Ù¬Þ¡H
¨ä¹ê¤£·|¡A»ù­È¤´µM´î¤Ö¡A
¤º¦b»ù­È¬O®Ú¾ÚªÑ®§§é²{¤½¦¡ºâ¥X¨Óªº¡A
³o±ø¤½¦¡Á¿½Z15/21Á¿¨ìªÑ²¼ªº¶Q²Q»ù®É·|¸Ô²Ó¸ÑÄÀ¡C
ªÑ²¼½ß¿ú°t¤£¥XªÑ®§¡A
²b­È´î¤Ö½æ¥X»ù¤U­°¡A
©Ò¥H®Ú¾Ú¤½¦¡ºâ¥X¨Óªº¤º¦b»ù­È±N´î¤Ö¡A¤£·|¼W¥[¡A
¨Ã¤£¥Ù¬Þ¡I

Fall in available-for-sale prices is not included in loss and exaggerates profits. However, after adjusting the net assets, the net assets decrease, which may result in an increase in ROE and perceived intrinsic value. But in reality, the intrinsic value decreases. The intrinsic value is calculated using the dividend discount model, which will be explained in more detail in lecture 15/21. The decrease in capital leads to a lack of dividends, a decrease in net assets, and a decrease in selling prices, resulting in a decrease in intrinsic value calculated by the formula, rather than an increase. There is no contradiction.

¦¨¥»ªk¤½¥q°t®§­p¬°ªÑ§Q¦¬¤J¡A
©M§ë¸ê¦¬¤J¦P¤@­Ó¬ì¥Ø¡C
§ë¸ê¦¬¤J¬ì¥Ø¥]§t¤FÅv¯qªkªº¬ÕÁ«©M¦¨¥»ªkªºªÑ®§¡C

The cost method combines dividend income and investment income into a single account. The investment income account includes both the profit and loss of the equity method and the dividends of the cost method.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 11:11  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
ÁÙ¦³¤@­Ó¦Wµü¤j®a»Ý­n¤F¸Ñ¡A°ÓÅA¡A¤£¬O¤½¥qªº¦WÅA¡A
¦Ó¬O¦X¨Ö®É²£¥Íªº·|­p¬ì¥Ø¡A
¥Î¤ñ¸û°ªªº¦¨¥»¦X¨Ö¥t¤@®a¤½¥q®É§Y²£¥Í°ÓÅA¡C

There is another term that everyone needs to understand, goodwill. It is not a company's reputation, but rather an accounting account created during mergers and acquisitions. Goodwill is generated when another company is acquired at a higher cost.

¦X¨Ö¤À¬°²{ª÷¦¬ÁÊ©M´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡C

Mergers are divided into cash acquisitions and stock-swap mergers.

²{ª÷¦¬ÁÊA©MB³o¨â®a¤½¥q¡A
A¤½¥q ¸ê(10)=¶Å(2)+­È(8)
B¤½¥q ¸ê(9)=¶Å(3)+­È(6)

Cash acquisition of Companies A and B:
Co.A A(10) = L(2) + E(8)
Co.B A(9) = L(3) + E(6)

A¤½¥qªá7¤¸¦¬ÁÊB¤½¥q²b­È6¤¸¡C
¦¬Áʤ§«áA¤½¥qªº¸ê²£­t¶ÅªíÅܦ¨¥ªÃ䪺²{ª÷¤Ö7¤¸¡A
µL§Î¸ê²£¼W¥[ 1 ¤¸°ÓÅA¡C
A(B) ¸ê[10+9-7²{ª÷+µL§Î(+1°ÓÅA)]=¶Å(2+3)+­È(8)

Company A invested $7 to acquire Company B, which had net assets of $6. Following the acquisition, the cash balance on Company A's balance sheet decreased by $7. The intangible asset account for goodwill increased by $1.

The balance sheet for Company A (post acquisition of Company B) is represented as follows:
A(B) A[10 + 9-7 cash + intangible (+1 goodwill)] = L(2 + 3) + E(8)

´«ªÑ¦X¨Ö¡A¤@¼Ë¬OA¸òB³o¨â®a¤½¥q¡A
´«ªÑ¦X¨ÖªÑÅv¦U¥e¤@¥b¡A¦X¨Ö¦¨¥»7¤¸(=(8+6)/2))¡A
¦X¨ÖB¤½¥q²b­È6¤¸¡A
¦X¨Ö¤§«áA¤½¥qªº¸ê²£­t¶Åªí¥ªÃäµL§Î¸ê²£¼W¥[1¤¸°ÓÅA¡A
¥kÃä²b­Èªº¸ê¥»¤½¿n¼W¥[ 1 ¤¸µo¦æ·¸»ù¡C
A(B) ¸ê[10+9+µL§Î(+1°ÓÅA)]
=¶Å(2+3)+­È[8+6+¸ê¥»¤½¿n(+1µo¦æ·¸»ù)]

ÁÂÁ§d´Â¦P·|­p®v¡B³¯·s¤¸®á¡B³¢ªFᣮá«ü¾É¡C

In a stock-swap merger between Companies A and B, each company will have half of the combined equity. The cost of the merger is $7 (calculated as (8+6)/2). The net assets of the merged Company B is $6.
After the merger, the intangible asset account for goodwill on the balance sheet of Company A will increase by $1. The capital surplus of net assets on the right-side of the balance sheet will also increase by $1 due to the issuance premium.
The balance sheet for Company A (post merger with Company B) is represented as follows:
A(B) A[10+9+intangible (+1 goodwill)] = L(2+3) + E[8+6+capital surplus(+1 issue premium)]

I would like to express my gratitude to Accountants Chaotong Wu, Sinyuen Chen, and Dongzhang Guo for their guidance.

¦X¨Ö¤§«á¨C¦~¸g¹L·|­p®vªººëºâ¡A
µo²{¤l¤½¥qªº»ù­È§C©ó¨ä²b­È®É¡A¶·»{¦C°ÓÅA´î·l¡A
¥B¤@¦¸´£¦C¡A¤£¯à¦A¨R¦^¡C

Following the merger, the accountant performs an annual actuarial calculation. If the value of the subsidiary is determined to be lower than its net assets, an impairment of goodwill must be recognized. This write-off is a one-time event and cannot be reversed.

°ÓÅA´î·l¡G¤l¤½¥qªº»ù­È§C©ó¦X¨Ö¦¨¥»   
¸ê(-°ÓÅA)=¶Å+­È(-·l¯q)

Goodwill Impairment: When the value of the subsidiary is lower than the combined cost, the goodwill must be reduced. This results in the decrease of assets (A) and increase of profit and loss (E) in the balance sheet.
A(-goodwill) = L + E(-profit and loss)

§Ú¶RGD¨S¦h¤[±ß¤W¤@¶}½L¶^7¢H¡A«Üºò±i¡A
«ö¬Õ¦Aªíµo²{²Ä¥|©uÁ«·l21»õ¤¸¡A¥H©¹¨C©uÁÈ6»õ¦h¤¸¡A
¬d·s»D¤~ª¾¬O´£¦C¤l¤½¥q°ÓÅA´î·l¡C
¤@¦¸´£¦CªÑ»ù¤@¦¸¤ÏÀ³¡C

Shortly after I acquired shares of GD, the opening price plummeted by 7% and I felt anxious. The 4th quarter results showed a loss of $2.1 billion according to On's report, compared to a profit of over $600 million in the previous quarter. Upon investigating, I discovered that the subsidiary had recorded a goodwill impairment charge. This led to a decline in the stock price after the write-off.

2013¦~§»ùÖ¤]´£¦CGateway°ÓÅA´î·l¡A
¨º´X¤ÑªÑ»ù¤j¶^¡C

In 2013, Acer also recognized a goodwill impairment of Gateway, causing the stock price to significantly decrease.

¦P¾Ç·|µo²{¡A§Ú­Ì¶RªºªÑ²¼±`±`·|³Q¤H®a¦X¨Ö¡A
¦]¬°§Ú­Ì¬Ý¦n¡A§O¤H¤]¬Ý¦n¡A
§Ú­Ìı±o«K©y¡A§O¤H¤]¬O¡C
¤@¥¹³Q¦X¨ÖªÑ²¼¬O½æ©Î¯d¡H
¥H¦sÄò¤½¥qªÑ»ù¶Q²Q¦Ó©w¡C

You will find that the stocks we invest in are often subject to mergers by other companies, because we have a positive opinion of the company and others share the same sentiment. We believe that it is as reasonably priced as the rest of the market. Whether the merged stock is sold or held onto depends on the valuation of the surviving company.

§Ú¶RªºDTV³QAT&T¥Î¤@ªÑ95¬ü¤¸¦X¨Ö¡C
ÁöµM95¬ü¤¸¹ïDTV¦Ó¨¥¬O«K©yªº¡A¥i¬OAT&T¶Q¡C
·íDTVªÑ±µªñ95¬ü¤¸§Q¦h¤ÏÀ³§¹²¦¤§«á´N¸Ó§âDTV½æ±¼¡A
¦]Âà´«¦¨AT&TªÑ»ù¤]¬O¶Q¤F¡A¤@¼Ë­n½æ±¼¡C

The DTV stock that I bought was merged by AT&T at a price of $95 per share. Although $95 for DTV may seem like a good deal, AT&T is overpriced. When the stock price of DTV approaches $95, the bullish response will have been exhausted, and it would be wise to sell DTV. Since converting to AT&T stock is also too costly, it would also need to be sold.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:13  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
Á¿½Z 9/21¡G¦a¹pªÑ
Lecture 9/21 Landmine stocks

°Ñ¾\¡G¦a¹pªÑ®×¨Ò¶×Á`
See: Landmine stock cases

¬Õ¦A²v¬O§Úµo©úªº¤½¦¡¡A
2003¦~¬Ýªi§J®L¦~³ø®É¾Ç¨ìªº¤@­ÓÆ[©À¡C
¦~³ø¤W¤Úµá¯S°¸¦Ó¤¶²ÐÍ¢¶Rªº¤@¨Ç¤½¥q«Ü¦n¡A
«ç»ò­Ó¦nªk¡H¸ê¥»¤ä¥X¥e¬Õ¾l¤ñ­««Ü§C (2007¦~³ø)¡A
¦Ñ¤Ú¥Î¤å¦r¦b±Ô­z³o­ÓÆ[©À¡A
·í®É§Ú¶¢µÛµL²á´N§â¥¦¼g¦¨¤½¦¡¡A
¬Õ¦A²vÆ[©À¨Ó¦Û©ó¤Úµá¯S¡A¤½¦¡«h¬O§Úµo©úªº¡C
¼g¦¨¤½¦¡§â¦Ñ¤Úªº«ùªÑ¥i¤f¥i¼Ö¡B¦N¤O¨íÄG¤M...µ¥¤½¥q
°]³ø®³¥X¨Óºâ¡Aªº½T¬Õ¦A²v³£«Ü§C¡C
¦b¼g²Ä¤@¥»¡u¤Úµá¯S¿ïªÑÅ]ªk®Ñ¡v®É§Ú¥uª¾¹D³o¼Ë¡C

The PR% formula is one that I developed after learning about the concept from reading Berkshire Hathaway's annual report in 2003. In the report, Mr. Buffett would occasionally highlight the outstanding qualities of some of the companies he invested in. He stated in the 2007 annual report that ¡¥¡¥It's far better to have an ever-increasing stream of earnings with virtually no major capital requirements."
¡¥¡¥Nevertheless, this business requires a significant reinvestment of earnings if it is to grow."
I was inspired by Mr. Buffett's words and transformed them into a formula. I applied the formula to companies invested by Mr. Buffett, such as Coca-Cola and Gillette, and was surprised to find that their PR% was indeed low. This finding was documented in my first book, "Buffett Stock Selection Magic Book".

¥X¤F®Ñ·Ç³Æ¤W½Ò¡A¦b½sÁ¿¸q®É·Q­n±Ð¤°»ò¡H
§â¥xªÑªº¤@¨Ç¦a¹pªÑ®³¨Óºâ¡A
»®µMµo²{¨º¨Ç¦a¹pªÑ³£¦³¤@­Ó¦@¦P¯S¦â
¬Õ¦A²v¶W¹L200¡C
µo²{³o­Ó²{¶H¤§«á¦A¥h·Q­I«á¾ã­Ó¹D²z¡A
¹Lµ{¸ò¤û¹yµo²{¦a¤ß¤Þ¤O¤@¼Ë¡A
¥L¤]¬O¦bÄ«ªG¾ð¤U³QK¨ì¤§«á¤~·Q¨ì«á­±ªº¹D²z¡C
Á|¤Z¤@­Ó°¶¤jªºµo©úªº¹Lµ{³£¬O¤@¼Ë¡A
¥ýµo²{²{¶H¡A¦A·Q¥X¹D²z¡C

After publishing the book and preparing for class, what would I want to teach when writing handouts? After analyzing some landmine stocks in the Taiwanese market, I discovered that they all have a common characteristic of PR% exceeding 200. After discovering this phenomenon, I then sought to understand the underlying reasoning behind it. The process is similar to Newton's discovery of gravity. He too was struck with the idea after being hit by an apple falling from a tree. The process of every great invention is the same, first discovering the phenomenon and then considering the cause.

§Úµo²{±q¬Õ¦A²v©M°t®§²v³o¨â­Ó«ü¼Ð¥i¥H¨Æ¥ý¬Ý¥X¦a¹pªÑ¡A
­n±j½Õªº¬O¨Æ¥ý¡A¤£¬O¨Æ«á©ñ°¨«á¬¶¡A
¦b¥«³õ¤W¨S¤Hª¾¹D³o®a¤½¥q¦³°ÝÃD®É¡A
¤½¥qÀò§QÁ٫ܦn¡A´N¬Ý¥X³o®a¤½¥q¦³°ÝÃD¡C

I have found that by using PR% and dividend payout ratio indicators, it is possible to spot mine stocks early. It is important to emphasize that problems are detected before they become widespread in the market, not after the damage has already been done. This means that even if a company appears to be financially strong and highly profitable, we can spot potential problems before they become common knowledge.

¥ý¨Ó©w¸q¤°»ò¥s¦a¹pªÑ¡H
¤À¬°¨â¤jÃþ¡G§@°²±b¸ò±ÇªÅ¡C

Allow me to clarify the meaning of a "landmine stock."
It can be classified into two categories: accounting fraud and embezzlement.

¤½¥q¬°¤°»ò­n§@°²±b¡H
¦]¬°¥Í·N¤£¦n³f½æ¤£¥X¥h¡A
«ç»ò¿ì¡H§â¥¦½æ±¼¡A½æµ¹½Ö¡H
½æµ¹¦ÑÁó¦b¥~­±³]ªº¤HÀY¤½¥q¡C
¤£¬O½æµ¹¤l¤½¥q³á¡A§_«h´NÅܦ¨Ãö«Y¤H¥æ©ö¡A
¬O½æµ¹¦ÑÁó¦b¥~³]ªº¤HÀY¤½¥q¡A³q±`¸ò¥À¤½¥qµLÃö¡C

Why is the company's accounting fraudulent?
The goods cannot be sold due to poor business performance.
What is the solution? Sell them. To whom?
They are sold to a paper company established by the boss outside of the parent company to avoid related party transactions. These paper companies are usually not affiliated with the parent company.

³f½æ¥X¥h¦¬¨ì¤@°ïÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡A¥i¤£¥i¥HÅܦ¨²{ª÷¡H
¥i¥H¡A®³¥h½æµ¹»È¦æ¡A
À³¦¬±b´Úªº¶R½æ¬O»È¦æ¥¿±`ªº·~°È¡C
»È¦æ­É¤£­É¿ú¬Ý¤°»òªF¦è¡H
À³¦¬±b´Úªº¾P³f¹ï¶H¬O½Ö¡H
¾P³f¹ï¶H­Y¬O°ê»Ú¤j¼tWalmart¡BIntel¡B¥x¿n¹q¡A
»È¦æ·íµM·|­É¡A
¥i¬O§@°²±bªº¹ï¶H­Y¬O
¦ÑÁó¦Û¤v¦b¥~­±³]ªºªü¿ßªüª¯ªº¤HÀY¤½¥q¡A»È¦æ¤£·|­Éªº¡C
¥i¥H¤Uµ²½×¡G§@°²±bªº¤½¥q°t¤£¥X²{ª÷¡A
¹D²z«Ü²³æ¡A±b¬O°²ªº¡A¨SÁȨì¿ú¡A¦p¦ó°t¥X²{ª÷¡C

When selling goods, we receive accounts receivable. Can we convert accounts receivable into cash? Yes, by selling it to a bank.The buying and selling of accounts receivable is a common banking activity. What does a bank consider when purchasing accounts receivable? The creditworthiness of the sales target is a critical factor. If the sales target is a reputable company such as Walmart, Intel, or TSMC, the bank is more likely to provide financing. However, if the sales target is an unknown paper company, the bank is less likely to buy the accounts receivable. This is because a company that has falsified its accounts may not have the financial means to pay in cash. The reason is simple: if the accounts are fraudulent, there will not be any real revenue to convert into cash.

¤£¹L¦³¨Ò¥~¡A­Y¤½¥qÄ@·N¥´¸~Áy¥R­D¤l¡A
±q§Oªº¦a¤è¥h§Ë¿ú¨ÓÁÙ¬O°t±o¥X²{ª÷¡A
¨Ò¦pÁ|¶Å¡B¿ì²{ª÷¼W¸ê¡Bª£ªÑµ¥¡C
«Ü¤[¥H«e¦³¤@®a¿ûÅKªÑ¦P¥ú¡A°µÁ³µ·Á³´Uªº¡A
§â³f½æ¨ì´µ¨½Äõ¥d¡A«õ¤@­Ó¤j§|®I°_¨Ó¡A
¹ï¥~«ÅºÙÀ禬³Ð·s°ª²£¯àº¡¸ü¡A¿ì²{ª÷¼W¸ê¨ÓÂX²£¡A
¸òªÑªF­n¿ú¨Ó°tµ¹ªÑªF¡C

However, there are exceptions. If the company is willing to keep up appearances and pretend, they may still be able to pay cash by obtaining funds from other sources, such as borrowing, cash capital increases, and stock speculation. A long time ago, there was a steel company called Tung Kuang that produced screws and nuts. They would sell the goods to Sri Lanka, dig a big pit and bury them. The company would then publicly announce that their revenue had reached a new high, their production capacity was full, and they had raised funds from shareholders for expansion. They would then ask shareholders for money and distribute it to them.

³oºØ¥´¸~Áy¥R­D¤l¤½¥q§Y«K°t¥X²{ª÷¤]¥u¯à°t¤@ÂIÂI¡A
¦p¦¹¨¾½d¡H
«Ü²³æ¡A¥u­n§â°t¤£¥X²{ª÷ªºªùÂe©Ô°ª¡A
§â¥u¯à°t¤@ÂIÂIªº¤½¥q±Æ°£±¼¡C
§Ú³W©w³Ìªñ3¦~ªº°t®§²v¨C¦~¦Ü¤Ö­n40%¤~ºâ¬O°t±o¥X²{ª÷¡A
³o­Ó¼Ð·Ç¬O±qÁ¿½Z10/21´£¨ìªº¨â®a¦a¹pªÑ¡A
¶®·s¸òSAY±o¨ìªºµ²½×¡C

There are ways to prevent this kind of company from bluffing. One simple solution is to increase the standard for the dividend payout ratio. For example, I propose a standard of 40% for the payout ratio over the past three years, based on the examples of two landmine stocks mentioned in lecture 10/21, Yahsin (2418.TW) and SAY.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:33  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
²Ä¤GºØ¦a¹pªÑ¬O±ÇªÅ¸ê²£¡A
±ÇªÅ¤°»ò©O¡H
¸ê²£¦³«Ü¦h¡A¬y°Ê¸ê²£¡Bªø§ë¡B©T¸ê...¡A
±ÇªÅ¤@©w±ÇªÅ²{ª÷¡A
¨S¤H¦b±ÇªÅ©T©w¸ê²£ªº¡A¦]¬°­n·h¤ñ¸û²Ö¡C

The second type of landmine stock involves the misappropriation of company assets, including current assets, long-term investments, and fixed assets, among others. The primary objective of this type of misappropriation is usually to obtain cash. Fixed assets, such as property or machinery, are unlikely to be targeted because they are too heavy to move.

²{ª÷«ç»ò±ÇªÅ¡H
ª½±µµs»â¥X¨Ó°¨¤W¨ÆÂݱÑÅS¡C
¦p¦ó§â²{ª÷±Ç¥X¨Ó¯«¤£ª¾°­¤£Ä±¡A
¦Xªkªº¤è¦¡¡A¤@®ÉµLªk¹îı¡A
³Ì±`¨£ªººÞ¹D¬O³z¹Lªø´Á§ë¸ê¡A
¤@µ§¿ú¥h§ë¸ê¥t¥~¤@®a¤½¥q¡A¿ú¶×¹L¥h¤§«á§â¥¦»â¨«¡A
¹L´X¦~¦A¹ï¥~«ÅºÙ¨º®a¤½¥qµo¥ÍÁ«·l¡A
¤Ï¥¿Âà§ë¸êµo¥ÍÁ«·l¬O±`¦³ªº¨Æ¡C

Directly embezzling cash from a bank account is illegal and will quickly result in exposure. How to withdraw cash from bank legally without being notified? The most common channel is through long-term investment. Invest a sum of money in another company, then take it out after the funds have been transferred. After a few years, the company may claim a loss has occurred. In any case, investment losses are common.

ÁÙ¦³¤°»òºÞ¹D¥i¥H§â²{ª÷±ÇªÅ¥X¥h¡H
°ª»ù¥h¶R¤£­È¿úªº¤g¦a¡A³z¹L©T©w¸ê²£¡C
¦n´X¦~«eOO¥ú¸³¨Æªø¤@¶ô¤g¦a°²³]¥u­È1»õ¤¸¡A
¥Î5»õ¤¸½æµ¹¤½¥q¡A®t»ù¥LÁȨ«¤F¡C
(¥»®×Àò§PµL¸o)

Are there other methods to embezzle cash? One method is through fixed assets, where the company purchases land at an inflated price. For example, a few years ago, a land owned by the chairman of Axx was valued at only NT$100 million. He sold it to the company for NT$500 million, resulting in a significant profit from the price difference. (Not guilty in this case)

°ª»ù¶R¤£­È¿úªºªÑ²¼¡A¥ç§Y³z¹Lªø´Á§ë¸ê¤]¥i¥H±ÇªÅ²{ª÷¡C
´X¦~«e°òª÷¨ü¯q¤H¦]¬°µ²ºc¶Åµo¥ÍÁ«·l¡A
ª÷ºÞ·|­n¨DÄ_¨Óª÷±±¡B¤¸¤jª÷±±¦¬ÁÊ´N¬O¤@¨Ò¡C

Purchasing stocks that are overvalued and not worth their price, i.e. through long-term investments, can lead to potential embezzlement of funds. Several years ago, beneficiaries of a fund suffered losses due to structured notes, leading the Financial Supervisory Commission to direct Polaris Financial Group, and Yuanta Financial Holdings (2885.TW) to repurchase the notes as an example of this.

§â²{ª÷±ÇªÅ¥X¥h¯«¤£ª¾°­¤£Ä±°ß¤@ªº¨â­ÓºÞ¹D
´N¬O³z¹Lªø´Á§ë¸ê¸ò©T©w¸ê²£¡A
°£¦¹¤§¥~¨S¦³¨ä¥LºÞ¹D¡C
°ª»ù¶R­ìª«®Æ»s³y¦¨¥»¤W¤É¡AÀò§Q¤U­°¡A°¨¤W¬Ý±o¥X¨Ó¡C
½â½æ¸ê²£¦b·~¥~¦³³B¤À¸ê²£·l¥¢¡A¤]¬Ý±o¥X¨Ó¡C

The only two channels to embezzle cash without being noticed are through long-term investments and fixed assets. Apart from these, there are no other channels. If raw materials are purchased at inflated prices, the resulting increase in manufacturing costs and decrease in profits can be quickly detected. Furthermore, selling assets at low prices may lead to losses from non-operating asset disposals, which can also be uncovered.

ªø´Á§ë¸ê©M©T©w¸ê²£³o¨âºÞ¹D­è¦n¬O¬Õ¦A²vªº¤À¤l¡A
§Úµo²{¬Õ¦A²v¤j©ó200%ªí¥Ü¤½¥q³QÄY­«±ÇªÅ¡A
ªÑ²¼·|Åܦ¨¾À¯È¡I

Long-term investment and fixed assets are the numerators of the PR% calculation. If the calculated PR% is higher than 200%, it suggests that the company may have suffered from significant embezzlement, such as through these two channels. In such cases, the company's stocks may become worthless.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:36  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
±q°t®§²v©M¬Õ¦A²v³o¨â­Ó«ü¼Ð¥i¥H¬Ý¥X¦a¹pªÑ¡C
¥H¤W¬O²z½×¡A¨Ó¬Ý¤@¨Ç¨Ò¤l¡C

Landmine stocks can be detected from the two indicators of dividend payout ratio and PR%.
The above is the theory, let's look at some cases.

²Ä¤@­Ó¨Ò¤l°TºÐ¡A°µ¥úºÐ¤ùªº¡A
¨Ó¬Ý¤@¤U²{ª÷¡BÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡B²b§Q¡A
±q³o3¶µ¸ÌÀY¬Ý¥X¤°»òºÝ­Ù¡H
°TºÐ2000¦~ÁȤF10»õ¤¸¡A¥i¬O¥uÁȨì¤@°ïÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡A
±q616¼W¥[¨ì1,769¡A­è¦n¼W¥[10»õ¤¸¡A¨SÁȨì²{ª÷¡A
²{ª÷ªº¼W¥[«Y¿ì²{ª÷¼W¸ê¶Ò¤F65»õ¤¸¨Óªº¡C

Let's take a look at the first example, Infodisc Technology (2491.TW), a company that produces CD-ROMs. By examining the cash, accounts receivables, and net profit, what insights can be gained from these three items? In 2000, Infodisc earned NT$1 billion, but it only accumulated a large amount of accounts receivables. Accounts receivables increased from NT$616 million to NT$1,769 million - an increase of exactly NT$1 billion - without a corresponding increase in cash. The increase in cash was due to a cash capital increase of NT$6.5 billion.

²{¦b«ü°TºÐ¥uÁȨì¤@°ïÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¨S¦³ÁȨì²{ª÷¡A
¬O¦b©ñ°¨«á¯¥¡A¦]¤wª¾¬O¦a¹pªÑ¤F¡A
·í¦~¥¦ªºªÑ»ù´¿º¦¨ì200¦h¤¸¡A
«Ü¦h¤H¤£¾å±o¤½¥q¦³°ÝÃD¡C
¥i¬O¬Ý¬Õ¦Aªí´N¤@²M¤G·¡¡A
2000¦~Àò§Q³Ì¦n®É¡A¬Õ¦A²v539%¡A¶W¹L200%¡A
¦Ó¥B¤§«e´X¦~³£¨S°t¥X²{ª÷¡C

In hindsight, it is clear that Infodisc was a landmine stock, as the company only accumulated a large amount of accounts receivables without any corresponding increase in cash. It is easy to criticize this situation in retrospect, as it is akin to being a Monday morning quarterback. Its stock was once valued at over NT$200, but many investors were not aware of the company's underlying problems. However, a closer look at the company's financial statements reveals a clear picture of its financial health. In 2000, when the company was supposedly performing well, its PR% was 539%, exceeding 200%. Additionally, the company did not distribute any cash dividends in the previous few years.

2004¦~²Ä¤G¦¸¥X¨Æ¡A°TºÐ¦ÑÁóÁÙ©ç¯Ý²ã«OÃÒ¡A
¥L¦nº~°µ¨Æ¦nº~·í¡Aµ´¹ï¤£·|¸¨¶]¡C
¸Ü¤@»¡§¹¤H²{¦b¬ü°ê¡A
¤½¥q¦ÑÁóÁ¿ªº¸Ü¨ÓÀH«Kťť´N¦n¡C
°TºÐ«á¨Ó³QùºÖ§U¶R¨«§ï¦W¥s¦N²»¥þ¡A²{¦bù¤]¶]¤F¡A
Å㨣¤½¥qªº­·¤ô¤Ó¡u©ô¡v¡A©ô¨ì¦ÑÁ󳣧¤¤£¦í¡C

In 2004, Infodisc was hit by a second scandal, and the company's owner promised that he was a responsible and honorable leader who would never abandon his duties. However, shortly after making these promises, he fled to the United States. When investing, one should not give too much weight to the words of a company's boss. Infodisc was later acquired by Fuzhu Luo and renamed Fortune Oriental. However, Luo has also fled, indicating that even the new owner could not improve the company's fortunes.

°TºÐ²{ª÷ªº¼W¥[¬O¾a¿ì²{ª÷¼W¸ê©MECB¨Óªº¡C
¤°»ò¬OECB¡H¦b¼Ú¬wµo¦æªº¥iÂà´«¤½¥q¶Å¡A
¤¹³\¦b¤@©wªº±ø¥ó©³¤U§â¤½¥q¶ÅÅܦ¨ªÑ²¼¡C

The increase in Infodisc's cash was a result of a rights issue and ECB, which stands for convertible corporate bonds issued in Europe. These bonds can be converted into stocks under certain conditions.

¯S§OªÑ©Ê½è¤W¤ñ¸û±µªñ¤½¥q¶Å¡A
³W©w¤£ºÞ¤½¥qÁȤ£ÁÈ¿ú³£±o°t¥X¤@©wªºªÑ®§¡A
´N³oÂI¦Ó¨¥¨ä¹ê¬O¤½¥q¶Å¡C
¯S§OªÑÁöµM¸ò´¶³qªÑÂ\¦b¤@°_¶R½æ¡A
¹³¤¤¿û¦³¤¤¿û¯S¡A¨âªÌªÑ©Ê®t§O«Ü¤j¡A
´¶³qªÑ·|¤jº¦¤j¶^¡A¯S§OªÑ¤£¤Ó·|º¦¶^¡A¦]¥¦¬O¤½¥q¶Å¡C

Preferred shares are closer in nature to corporate bonds. They stipulate that the company must distribute a certain dividend regardless of whether it makes money or not. In this respect, they are essentially corporate bonds. Although preferred shares are traded alongside common shares, like China Steel's preferred shares, the characteristics of the two are very different. Common shares are volatile, while preferred shares are more stable because they are essentially corporate bonds.

¥t¥~¡A¤Úµá¯S¦n¹³¯S§O³ßÅw¶R¯S§OªÑ¡A
Í¢¶R°ª²±¡B¬ü°ê»È¦æ³£¬O¯S§OªÑ¡A
¦]¬°¤Úµá¯S¬O¤jª÷¥D¡A§Oªº¤½¥q¥X°ÝÃD®É¨Ó¨D±Ï¡A
°£¤F¶RªÑ²¼¤§¥~·|µ¹¤©§ó¦nªº±ø¥ó¡A¦A¥[¤@©wªºªÑ®§¡A
¨âªÌ¥[°_¨Ó´N¬O¯S§OªÑ¡C

In addition, it seems that Buffett has a particular fondness for buying preferred stocks. He has purchased preferred stocks in both Goldman Sachs and Bank of America. As a major financier, other companies often seek his assistance when they encounter problems. Along with buying stocks, he can also negotiate favorable conditions and receive a specified dividend, which together constitute a preferred stock.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:42  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
²Ä¤G­Ó¨Ò¤l¬O³Õ¹F¡A¥¦¬O¦a¹pªÑ¥v¤W«D±`­«­nªº®×¨Ò¡A
¥ý¬Ý²Ä¤@±iªí¡A³Õ¹Fªº­ì©l³øªí¡A
²{ª÷¡BÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡B¦s³f³o¤T­Ó¬ì¥Ø¡C
¬Ý³o±i³øªí·|¥H¬°³Õ¹F¬O¤@®a«Ü¦nªº¤½¥q¡A
¦s³f¤U­°¡AÀ³¦¬±b´Ú´î¤Ö¡A²{ª÷¼W¥[¡A
«Ü·Q«ö¥¦¤@­ÓÆg¡I

The second case is Procomp Informatics (2398.TW), which is a significant example in the history of landmine stocks. Let's examine Procomp's original financial report in the first table, which includes three accounts: cash, accounts receivable, and inventory. Based on this report, one would assume that Procomp is a highly favorable company, with inventory and accounts receivable decreasing while cash increases. It may even garner a "like" from some readers.

¦s³f¤Ó¦h¦p¦ó¤U­°¡H
§â¥¦½æ±¼¡A½æµ¹½Ö¡H
½æµ¹¦ÑÁó¦b¥~³]ªº¤HÀY¤½¥q¡A
³o¼Ë·|¦¬¨ì¤@°ïÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡A¦p¦ó´î¤Ö¡H
®³¥h½æµ¹»È¦æ¡C¥¦®³¥h½æµ¹²üÄõRobo»È¦æ¡A
»È¦æ¤À¤£²M¯u°²ÁÙ¬O·Ó¶R¡A¿ú½T¹ê¼·¤J¤áÀY¡A
¥i¬O¬ù©w¤áÀYªº¿ú¬OÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¦¬¦h¤Ö¿ú¶i¨Ó
¤~¥i¥H°Ê¥Î¦h¤Ö¿ú¥X¥h¡A
±b¤á¬ORobo»È¦æ¦b±±ºÞªº¡A©Ò¥Hı±o¨S¦³­·ÀI¡C
±b¤W63»õ¤¸²{ª÷¤£¯à°Ê¥Î¡A
³Õ¹F°µ³o¥ó¨Æ±¡·F¹À¡H
¥Î¨Ó´ÛÄF§ë¸ê¤H¡I
·í®É·|­p®v¬d±b¬°¤°»ò¨S¬d¥X¨Ó¡H
¦]¬°³Õ¹F¸ò»È¦æ¨Ó¦@¦PÁô±K³o­Ó­­¨î±ø´Ú¡C

How can Procomp reduce its inventory? By selling it. And to whom? To a paper company established by the boss, which generates a bunch of accounts receivable. How can Procomp reduce its accounts receivable? By selling them to a bank. In this case, Dutch Robobank purchased them. However, the bank cannot verify the validity of the accounts receivable. Although the money has been transferred to the account, it can only be used based on the amount collected in accounts receivable. Since the account is controlled by Robobank, they believe there is no risk. The NT$6.3 billion in cash is effectively unusable. Why is Procomp doing this? To deceive investors! Why hasn't the accountant discovered these audit results? Because Procomp and the bank have covered up this restriction.

³o¬O¤@­Ó«D±`³o­«­nªº®×¨Ò¡A
Åã¥Ü¦s³f¡BÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡B²{ª÷³£¥i¥H³y°²¡I
¾Ç¹L·|­p³£ª¾¹D¡A¤@±i³øªí¦³¨S¦³°ÝÃD´N¬Ý´X­Ó¬ì¥Ø¡A
¦s³f©MÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¦³µL¼É¼W¡A©PÂà²v¬O§_°¾§C¡C
¦A¤£¦æªº¸Ü¡A´N¬Ý²{ª÷¦³¨S¦³¼W¥[¡A
²{ª÷¬O³Ì³æ¯Âªº¬ì¥Ø¡A¦³´N¦³¨S¦³´N¨S¦³¡C
¤@±i³øªí­Y§¹¥þ¤£·|¬Ý´N¬Ý²{ª÷¦³¨S¦³¼W¥[¡H
³Õ¹F³o­Ó¨Ò¤l§i¶D§Ú­Ì§Y«K²{ª÷³£¥i¥H³y°²¡C

This is a crucial case that demonstrates how inventory, accounts receivable, and cash can all be manipulated. Anyone who has studied accounting knows that if there are any issues with a financial report, they should check a few critical accounts. These include determining whether inventory and accounts receivable have increased, and whether the turnover rate is low. If that doesn't work, it depends on whether cash has increased. Cash is the most straightforward account, and even those who are not skilled at reading financial reports can determine whether cash has increased or not. However, Procomp's case teaches us that even cash can be falsified.

¤°»ò¤~¤£¯à³y°²¡H
°t±o¥X¨Óªº²{ª÷¤~¤£¯à³y°²¡C
¤½¥q¦³¨S¦³ÁȨì¿ú¡H°t±o¥X¨Ó´N¯uªº¡A°t¤£¥X¨Ó«h¬O°²ªº¡A
´N³o»ò²³æ¡C
­Y¦³¤H§@°²±bÁٯవ¥X¤@°ï°t±o¥X¨Óªº²{ª÷¡A
Ä@·N­«ª÷§¸u¥L¨Ó§Ú¤½¥q°µ¸³¨Æªø¡A
³o¥¿¬O§@°²±b­n¬Ý°t®§²vªº­ì¦]¡C

What cannot be falsified? The allocation of cash cannot be manipulated. Does the company generate profits? If it can pay dividends, then the profits are genuine. If it cannot pay dividends, then the profits are fake. It's that simple. If someone can falsify an account and still have the ability to pay dividends, I would hire them as the chairman of my company. This is why identifying false accounts is dependent on the dividend payout ratio.

³Õ¹Fªº°ÝÃD±q¬Õ¦Aªí¬Ý±o¤@²M¤G·¡¡C
2000-01¦~Àò§Q³Ì¦nªº®É­Ô¬Õ¦A²v536%¡B438%³£¶W¹L200%¡A
«e´X¦~¤]¥¼°t²{ª÷¡C

Procomp's issue becomes apparent from On's table. In 2000-01, when the company's profits were at their highest, the PR% (payout ratio) was 536% and 438%, both of which exceeded 200%. However, no cash was allocated in previous years.

³Õ¹F°µ¥D¾÷ªOªº¡A1999¦~©³¤W¥«¡A
·í®É³ø³¹Âø»x©Mªk¤H³£«Ü¬Ý¦n¡A
¨Ã«D¬Ý¨ì¦n¥D¾÷ªO¦Ó¬O·s²£«~¯~¤ÆñS¡A
¤â¾÷¥\²v©ñ¤j¾¹ªº¹s¥ó¡A·í®É¤â¾÷¥N¤u¥¿­n¿³°_¡A
¸³¨Æªø¸­¯ÀµáÁÙ·í¿ï¹L¥xÆW¤Q¤j³Ç¥X³Ð·~¤k«C¦~¡A
·Q¤£¨ì³º¬O¤@Áû¤j¦a¹p¡I

Procomp entered the motherboard market and went public at the end of 1999, receiving high recommendations from newspapers, magazines, and institutional investors. However, the real star product was not motherboards, but a new material called gallium arsenide used in mobile phone power amplifiers. This was during a time when Taiwan's mobile phone industry was about to take off, and Procomp's Chairman Sufei Ye was recognized as one of the ten outstanding young female entrepreneurs in Taiwan. Despite all this, Procomp turned out to be a major landmine!

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:47  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
²Ä¤T­Ó¨Ò¤l¬O°¥§Þ¡A¤]¬O°µ¥D¾÷ªOªº¡C
³o­Ó¨Ò¤l¦b¬ÝÀ³¦¬±b´Ú©PÂà²v©M¦s³f©PÂà²v³o¨â­Ó©PÂà²v¡A
·|­p¤W»¡¤½¥qªº¸gÀ禳¨S¦³°ÝÃD±q©PÂà²v¥i¥H¬Ý±o¥X¨Ó¡C
À³¦¬±b´Ú©PÂà²v¡×À禬¡ÒÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡A³æ¦ì¦¸¡A
0.9¦¸«ü¤@¦~¦¬¤£¦^¨Ó¤@¦¸¡A³o·íµM°¾§C¡A
¤ñ¸û¥¿±`ªº±bÄÖ¬O3¨ì6­Ó¤ë¡A©PÂà²v4¨ì2¦¸¡C
¤£¹L©PÂà²vªº¤ñ¸û­n¦P·~¤ñ¸û¡A¤£¦P²£·~§Oªº®t¶Z«Ü¤j¡C

The third case involves Abit Computer (2407.TW), which is also a manufacturer of motherboards. This example is related to accounts receivable turnover rate and inventory turnover rate. According to accounting principles, the turnover rate is a clear indicator of a company's operational efficiency. The turnover rate of accounts receivable is calculated by dividing sales by accounts receivable, and the result is measured in time units. A turnover rate of 0.9 times means that it takes more than a year to collect the accounts receivable, which is considered very low. The normal age of accounts receivable is 3 to 6 months, resulting in a turnover rate of 4 to 2 times. However, the turnover rate should be compared within the same industry, as different industries may have significant variances.

¥D¾÷ªOªº©PÂà²v¦V¨Ó°¾§C¡A¦]¬°§Q¼í·LÁ¡¡A
¥D­n¾aÀ³¦¬±b´Ú©MÀ³¥I±b´Úªº¦¬´Ú¤Ñ¼Æªøµu¤£¤@¨ÓÁȧQ®§ªº¿ú¡C
Á|¨Ò¦Ó¨¥¡A¤@®a¥D¾÷ªO¼t±µ¨ì10¸U¤ù­q³æ¡A¸ò­ì®Æ¨ÑÀ³°Ó¶i³f¡A
¥i¬O¨S¿ú¥I´N¥ý¤íµÛ¡A¥D¾÷ªO¤½¥qÀ³¥I±b´Ú¤@°ï¡A
­t¶Å¤ñ70%«Ü±`¨£¡C
­t¶Å¤ñ³o»ò°ªÁÙ±o°_¶Ü¡H
·íµM¡Aµ¥¨ìªO¤l°µ¦n½æ¥X¤§«á¦¬¨ì¤@°ïÀ³¦¬±b´Ú¡C
¥D¾÷ªO¤½¥qÀ³¦¬¡BÀ³¥I±b´Ú³£¤@°ï¡A
´N¾a¨âªÌ¦¬´Ú¤Ñ¼Æªøµu¤£¤@¨ÓÁȧQ®§ªº¿ú¡A
§Ú¤í¤H®aªº¿ú±ßÂIÁÙ¡A§O¤H¤í§Úªº»°§Ö¥h¦¬¡A
¥Ñ¦¹¨ÓÁȧQ®§ªº¿ú¡C
°¥§ÞªºÀ³¦¬±b´Ú©PÂà²v¥u¦³0.9¦¸
§Y«K®³¦P·~¨Ó°µ¤ñ¸û¤]¬O°¾§C¡C
¦ý²{¦b»¡¥¦°¾§C¬O¦b©ñ°¨«á¯¥¡A·í¦~ªÑ»ù´¿º¦¨ì100¦h¤¸¹L¡C

The turnover rate of motherboards has always been low due to meager profits. Manufacturers mainly rely on the length of collection days for accounts receivable and accounts payable to earn interest income. For example, a motherboard manufacturer may receive an order for 100,000 pieces and purchase goods from raw material suppliers. However, if they do not have the money to pay, they must owe it first. A 70% debt ratio is very common. Can such a high debt ratio repay debt? Of course, they wait until the motherboards are sold and receive a bunch of accounts receivable. The motherboard company's receivables and payables are all piled up, and they earn interest income on the difference in the length of the two collection days. They pay the money they owe to others later and collect money that others owe them earlier in order to earn interest income. Abit's accounts receivable turnover rate is only 0.9 times, which is even low compared to its peers. However, it was only after the fact that the stock price had risen to more than NT$100 that year.

¦s³f©PÂà²vªº¤½¦¡¬O¾P³f¦¨¥»¡Ò¦s³f¡A
¬O¦¨¥»¤£¬OÀ禬¡A
¶R§Ú¿ïªÑÅ]ªk®Ñªº¦P¾Ç½Ð§ó¥¿¡A®Ñ¤W76­¶¤W¤è¤½¦¡¼g¿ù¤F¡A
³o­Ó¿ù»~¨Ã«D¥´¦r¥´¿ù¡A¦Ó¬O¦b¼g®Ñ®ÉÆ[©À´N¤£²M·¡¡A
½Ð¦P¾Ç¨£½Ì¡A§Úªº·|­p¬O³Q·í¸É¦Ò¤§«á¤~¹Lªº¡C
·|­p¬°¤°»ò³Q·í¡H
¦]¬°¸ê²£­t¶Åªí¥ªÃä¸ò¥kÃä­n¥­¿Å¡A
§Ú¥Ã»·¥­¿Å¤£°_¨Ó¡A
¸É¦Ò®É¬ðµM¥­¿Å¤F´N¹L¤F¡C

The formula for inventory turnover rate is cost of goods sold divided by inventory, not sales. To those who purchased my ¡§Magic Book¡§, please make the correction as the formula on page 76 is incorrect. This mistake was not a typo but a result of unclear understanding when writing the book. Please forgive me, as I only passed my accounting course after failing and taking a makeup exam. Why did I fail accounting? It was because the left side and the right side of the balance sheet need to balance each other out. I could never get it to balance properly, but during the makeup exam, I suddenly figured it out and was able to balance the sheet and pass the exam.

¤£¹L¡A·|­p³Q·íÁÙ¬O¦³¥¦ªº¦n³B¡A
´N¤£·|¥h¥Î³o¨Ç¨S¦³¥Îªº©PÂà²v¡A
¦Û¤v·|¥hµo©ú¤@­Ó§ó¦n¥Îªº¬Õ¦A²v¡C
¬Ý¬Õ¦Aªí«Ü²M·¡¡A°¥§Þ2000-01¦~Àò§Q³Ì¦nªº®É­Ô
¬Õ¦A²v239%¡B299%¡A¶W¹L200%¡A
¤§«e³£¨S¦³°t±o¨Ó²{ª÷¡C

However, failing accounting turned out to be beneficial for me. Instead of relying on useless turnover rates, I created a PR% that I find more valuable. It's evident from On's table that Abit had its best profit in 2000-01 with a PR% of 239% and 299%, both well above 200%. Additionally, there were no cash payouts before.

2004¦~°¥§Þ²Ä¤G¦¸¥X¨Æ¡AªÑ»ù¤@¸ô¶^¨ì 1 ¤¸¡A
Á`¸g²z¥X¨Ó«OÃÒEPSÁÈ3¤¸¨S°ÝÃD¡A
¤j®a¤@Å¥¬O¥v¤W³Ì«K©yªºªÑ²¼¡A¥»¯q¤ñ¥u¦³0.3­¿¡A
«Ü¦h¤H¸õ¶i¥h¶R¡A¤×¨ä¬O­û¤u¡C
³o¦ìÁ`¸g²z·í¦~ÁÙ¥h¤W¥x¤jEMBAªº½Ò¡A
§ä¥L¨â­Ó½×¤å«ü¾É±Ð±Â¨Ó¤½¥q·í¿W¥ß¸³ºÊ¨Æ¡C
³o¨â¦ì±Ð±Â«D±`¦³¦W¡A¤@¦ì¬O¬_O®¦¡A¥x¤jºÞ²z¾Ç°|°|ªø¡A
¥t¤@¦ì§õO­×¡A±Ð°]°ÈºÞ²zªº¦W±Ð±Â¡A
©~µM¤]³QÄF¤F¥h¤½¥q·í¿W¥ß¸³ºÊ¨Æ¡C
§ÚÃhºÃ³o¨â¦ì±Ð±Â¥i¯à¤]¬Ý¤£À´°]³ø¡A
¤£­n¥H¬°°Ó¾Ç°|ªº±Ð±Â´N¤@©w¬Ý±oÀ´°]³ø¡A¤£¤@©w¡I
§Ú¤j¾Ç¦P¾Ç¦b¥@µØ»È¦æ¤W¯Z¡A
¦³¤@¦¸ªÑ¥«¤j¶^®É¥´¹q¸Üµ¹§Ú¡A
»¡¬Ý¨ì§Ú­Ì¨º¦ì·|­p±Ð±Âªº¿Ä¸ê°lú¥O¡A
¤£­n¥H¬°·|­p±Ð±Â¶RªÑ²¼´N¤£·|³QÂ_ÀY¡A·Ó¼Ë·|¡I
¬°¦ó·|³QÂ_ÀY¡H¦]¬°¥L¨S¦³§Úªº¬Õ¦Aªí¡C
¬°¦ó¨S¬Õ¦Aªí¡H¦]¥L§â§Ú·í±¼¡I
¥H¤W©Ò­z¥y¥y¹ê¨¥¡C

In 2004, Abit had its second scandal and its stock price plummeted to NT$1. The general manager guaranteed that the EPS would be NT$3, and many people bought the stock because it was considered the cheapest stock in history with a PER of only 0.3 times. Many of the buyers were employees. The general manager had also attended the EMBA program at National Taiwan University and invited two of his thesis advisors to serve as independent directors and supervisors at the company. These two professors were very famous. One of them was xxxen Ke, Dean of the School of Management at NTU, and the other was a well-known finance and management professor named xxxsiou Li. However, I suspect that these two professors may not have understood the financial reports. It is a common misconception that business school professors always understand financial reports. My university classmate works at the World Chinese Bank and called me when the stock market crashed to tell me that he saw a margin-call notice for our accounting professor. It is not true that accounting professors will not be forced to liquidate if they borrow margin loans! Why was he margin-called? Because he did not have my On's table. Why didn't he have it? Because he failed me! Every word of the above testimony is true.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:54  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 

§@°²±bªº¤½¥q°t¤£¥X²{ª÷¡A
¤£¹L­YÄ@·N¥´¸~Áy¥R­D¤l¡AÁÙ¬O¥i¥H°t¥X²{ª÷¡A
³o¸Ì¦³¤T­Ó¨Ò¤l¡G¤j覇¡B¶®·s¸òSAY¡C

Companies involved in accounting fraud typically cannot afford to pay high dividends, but they may still pay out some dividends as a way to conceal their fraudulent activities. Three examples of such companies are Dbtel (5304.TW), Yaxin, and SAY.

¤j覇°µ¤â¾÷ªº¡A2000¦~²Ä¤@®a¸õ¥X¨Ó»¡±µ¨ì
MOTO¤â¾÷¥N¤u­q³æ¡A
2000¦~3G¤â¾÷°õ·Ó¥¿­nµo¦æ¡A
¦U°ê¹q«H¤½¥q³£¦b°ª»ùÄv¼Ð¡A¦]°Ó¾÷Ãe¤j¡A
¥«³õ¤]¬Ý¦n¤â¾÷¥N¤u­q³æ±N´é¶i¥xÆW¡C
¤j覇®ø®§«Å¥¬¤§«á§Q¦h¤£Â_¡G
¤@¶}©lÀ禬¤@¦A³Ð·s°ª¡A
ÁÙ©Û«Ý°òª÷¸g²z¤H¥h¤W®üªQ¦¿¬Ý¤u¼t¡A¬Ý¹Lªº¤H³£»¡³W¼Ò§»¤j¡A
¤½¥qÁÙ³zÅS¤W®ü¼t·Ç³Æ¦b·í¦a¤W¥«¡C
¤£¤[¤S«ÅºÙ®³¨ì¤¤°ê¤â¾÷¤º¾PÅv¡A
·í®É¥uµo¤F¤­±i°õ·Ó¡A
¤j®a´Á«Ý¤jÅQ¤£¶È¥N¤u°µ±o«Ü¤j¡A
³s§Q¼í¸û°ªªº¦Û¦³«~µP·~°È¤]¤j¦³¥i¬°¡C
ªk¤HÄv¬Û¬Ý¦n¡A¬Y§ë«Hªº°òª÷¸g²z¤H¸ò§Ú»¡
¡u¤jÅQ±N¬O¤â¾÷·~ªº¼s¹F¡v¡A¨º®ÉªÑ¤ý¬O¼s¹F¡AªÑ»ùº¦800¦h¤¸¡C
¥t¤@®a§ë«H¸g²z¤H°½°½¸ò§Ú»¡¡A¥L³z¹L«D±`¯µ±KªººÞ¹D¥´Å¥¨ì¡A
¦bMOTO·í±ÄÁʪº¨º­Ó¤H³£¤w¸g¸õ¼Ñ¨ì¤jÅQ¥h¤W¯Z¤F¡A
·Ç³Æ¥h¤jÅQ»âªÑ²¼ÁÙÁȱo§ó¦h¡C
§Ú­Ì·í¬ã¨s­û³o¦æ¤°»ò¤£¦h´N¬O¤º½u³Ì¦h¡C

In 2000, the mobile phone manufacturer Dbtel claimed to have received OEM orders for MOTO mobile phones, as 3G mobile phone licenses were about to be issued. Telecom companies around the world were bidding at high prices, and the market was optimistic that mobile phone OEM orders would flood into Taiwan. After a series of positive news announcements, the bullish trend continued. Initially, sales hit record highs for months, and the company invited fund managers to visit its factory in Songjiang, Shanghai, where they were impressed by its scale. The company also revealed that the Shanghai plant was preparing to be listed locally. Later, the company announced that it had obtained a license to sell mobile phones in China, of which only five were issued at that time. Everyone hoped that Dbtel could not only become a major OEM manufacturer, but also make more money from the more profitable own-brand business. Many institutional investors were quite optimistic about Dbtel. A fund manager told me he expected "Dbtel will become the Quanta of the mobile phone industry." Quanta was the king of stocks at the time, and its stock price rose by more than NT$800. Another investment manager told me privately that he obtained the information through very secret channels. A MOTO procurement official had jumped to work at Dbtel to get more bonuses. As research analysts, we often have access to insider information.

¤jÅQªÑ»ù±q18¤¸¤@¸ô¤jº¦¨ì150¤¸¡A¬ðµM¤S±q150¤¸¶^¦^100¤¸¡A
·í®É´¿¸ò¥¦ªº³Ì¤jªÑªF¬Y§ë«Hªº¤@°ï°òª÷¸g²z¤H¥h¨£¸³¨Æªø¡A
³Ì¤jªÑªF¨£¸³¨Æªø³o¬O³Ì°ª¼hªº·|­±¡A³Ì¤º½u¤F¡C
¸³¨Æªø¥s²ö¦Ûªv¸ò§Ú­Ì§j¼N¤F¤½¥q¥¼¨Ó¬ü¦nªº«e´º¡A
Á¿µÛÁ¿µÛ§Ö­nµ²§ôªº®É­Ô¡A¦Ñ²ö¬ðµM«_¥X¤@¥y¸Ü
¡u§A²{¦b¶R§ÚªºªÑ²¼©ê3¦~¥i¥HÁÈ10­¿¡v¡A
¸³¨Æªø¿Ë¤f¸ò¥Lªº³Ì¤jªÑªF³o¼ËÁ¿¡C
§Ú­ÌÅ¥¨ì³o¥y¸Ü²´·ú¤@«G¡A¥i¬O¨S¦³¥¢¥h²z´¼°¨¤W°Ý¥L
¡u³o­Ó3¦~ÁÈ10­¿¬O±q²{¦b100¤¸¶}©lºâ¡A
ÁÙ¬O±q³Ì¦­ªº18¤¸¶}©lºâ¡H¡v­Y±q18¤¸¶}©lºâ¤]¨S¤°»ò·dÀY¡C
§Ú°O±o²M·¡²ö¦Ûªv±Ù°vºIÅK¦a»¡¡u´N¬O±q²{¦b100¤¸¶}©lºâ¡v¡C
«Ü«ë·í®É¨S¦³¿ý­µ¿ý¤U¨Ó¡A
¦P¾Ç²{¦b¤W½Ò¿ý­µ¬O¥¿½Tªº¡A¥H«á¤~¥i¥H§@¬°§e°óÃҨѡI

The stock price of Dbtel surged from NT$18 to NT$150 before suddenly dropping to NT$100. During that time, I accompanied a group of fund managers from the investment trust company, which happened to be the largest shareholder, to meet with the company's chairman. This was the most senior meeting, which offered the most extensive insider information. During the meeting, the chairman invited Zihzhih Mo to talk about the company's promising future. As the meeting was wrapping up, Mo made an unexpected remark, "If you buy my stocks now and hold them for 3 years, you can earn 10 times the current value." The chairman himself repeated the statement to the largest shareholder. Although we were intrigued by the offer, we didn't immediately lose our wits, and instead asked for clarification. "Is the 10-fold return based on the current price of NT$100 or the earliest price of NT$18?" We wondered. If the return was based on NT$18, it wouldn't be that profitable. I distinctly recall Mo's confident response, "The return starts at NT$100." I regret that we didn't record the conversation, but students today should note that recording is a valid form of evidence in court.

«á¨Ó¤jÅQªÑ»ù±q100¤¸¶^¨ì 1 ¤¸ ¡A
²{¦b²Ó·Q¡A²ö¦Ûªv»¡3¦~ÁÈ10­¿³o¥y¸Ü¬O¹ïªº¡A
¥h©ñªÅªº¸Ü´N¦³¡C
½Ð°ÝªÑ²¼±q100¤¸¶^¨ì 1 ¤¸¡A©ñªÅªº¸Ü¥i¥HÁÈ´X­¿¡H
©ñªÅ¬O­ÉªÑ²¼¨Ó½æ¡A¥H«á¦A¶R¨ÓÁÙ¡A
©ñªÅ­nú¿Ä¨é«OÃÒª÷9¦¨¡A©ñªÅ100¤¸ªºªÑ²¼¶·Ãº90¤¸¡A
¶^¨ì 1 ¤¸¦A¶R¨ÓÁÙ¡A
©Ò¥H©ñªÅ³Ì¦hÁÈ 1 ­¿¦h¤@ÂI¡C
¥i¬O°µ¦h©O¡AªÑ»ù±q 1 ¤¸º¦¨ì100¤¸¡A
²{ªÑ¶R¶i¡A¥i¥HÁÈ99­¿¡C
©ñªÅ³Ì¦hÁÈ 1 ­¿¡A§@¦h¯àÁȦn´X­¿¡A
©Ò¥HªÑ²¼À³¸Ó¥H§@¦h¬°¥D¡A¨S¥²­n¥h©ñªÅ¡A
¦]©ñªÅ¤£·|¦¨¬°¦³¿ú¤H¡C
ªÑ²¼«K©y®É¶R¶i¡A¤@¸ô©ê¨ì¶Q¤~½æ¡A
½æ±¼¤§«á´NÂ\²{ª÷¡A©Î¦A§ä¨ä¥L«K©yªºªÑ²¼¡A
¤£­n¤Ï¤â©ñªÅ¡C

The stock price of Dbtel later plummeted from NT$100 to NT$1. Upon reflection, Mo's statement that you can earn 10 times in 3 years is correct, but only if you go short. If the stock price drops from NT$100 to NT$1, how much can you profit from going short? Short selling involves borrowing shares, selling them, and then buying them back. To go short, you must put up a 90% margin, which means you need to pay NT$90 to go short on a stock priced at NT$100. If the stock price drops to NT$1 and you buy it back, the most you can profit from short selling is just over 1 time. However, if the stock price rises from NT$1 to NT$100, buying the stock can earn you up to 99 times your investment. Therefore, it is more profitable to go long than to go short. Short selling will not make you rich. Instead, buy stocks when they are cheap and hold them until they become expensive. After selling, keep the cash or look for other undervalued stocks. Do not rush to go short.

¤£¹L¦³¤H»¡°ªÂI½æ±¼¤§«á­n¦Aµ¥¥¦¤U¨Ó¡A¦³®É­Ô­nµ¥¦n¤[¡A
¤W¤@¦¸´Nµ¥¤F2¦~¥b¤~¸¨©³¡C
³o«Ü¥¿±`¡A¦]¬°´º®ð´`Àô¬O3¨ì5¦~¤@­Ó´`Àô¡A
±q°ªÂI¨ì§CÂI¬O¥b­Ó´`Àô¡Aµ¥ 1 ¦~©Î2¦~¥b«Ü¥¿±`¡C
¦³¤H»¡¡Aµ¥¨º»ò¤[·|¤£·|¤ÓµL²á¡H
µL²á·Q­n§ä¼Ö¤l¤]¤£¥²¨ìªÑ¥«¨Ó§ä¡C
¯uªºµL²á¡A¿ú¤S¤Ó¦h¡A¸ò§Ú¤@¼Ëªº¸Ü¡A
¥i¥H¥h¶R¤@¿´¹C¸¥¨Ó§â©f©f¡A¤£¬O¤ñ¸û¦³½ì¶Ü¡H
§Ú­Ì²H¤ô­n§¤¹C¸¥§â©f©f«Ü²³æ¡A
¥u­n60¤¸¡A±q´ç²îÀY¸ü¨ìº®¤H½XÀY¡C

However, some people suggest that after selling at a high point, you may have to wait a long time for the stock to drop again. Last time, one person waited two and a half years for the stock to reach its bottom. This is normal as the business cycle typically lasts from 3 to 5 years, with high to low being a half cycle. Waiting for a year or two and a half is not uncommon. Some may wonder if it's boring to wait so long. If you find it boring and want to have fun, the stock market doesn't have to be your only option. If you're as bored and wealthy as I am, why not buy a yacht and take a girl out for a date? Taking a yacht in Tamsui is easy and affordable, with a fare of only NT$60 from the ferry pier to Fisherman's Wharf.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:54  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¤jÅQªÑ»ù¬°¦ó³o¼Ë¤ÏÀ³¡H¤£¬O¦³±µ¨ì¤j­q³æ¶Ü¡H
·í®É¬Ý°]³ø¡AÀ禬³Ð·s°ª¡AÀç·~§Q¯q«o±µªñ 0¡A
²b§Q±Nªñ18»õ¤¸¬O±q§ë¸ê¦¬¤J»{¦C¶i¨Óªº¡C
¤½¥qªº¸ÑÄÀ¬O¥xÆW±µ³æ¡A¤W®ü¥Í²£¡A
§â§Q¼íÄé¦b¤W®ü¼t¡A¦]·Ç³Æ¦b·í¦a¤W¥«¡A
³o¼Ë¸ÑÄÀÅ¥°_¨ÓÁÙÆZ¦³¹D²z¡C

Why did Dbtel's stock price react this way? Wasn't there a big order received? We checked the financial report at the time and found that although sales reached a record high, the operating profit was almost zero. The net profit of nearly NT$1.8 billion came from investment income. The company explained that Taiwan takes orders while Shanghai produces, and the profit is being poured into the Shanghai factory in preparation for local listing. This explanation seems quite reasonable.

«á¨Ó¬d¤½¶}»¡©ú®Ñ¡A¤W®ü¼tªº°^Äm´Xªñ 0¡A
18»õ¤¸¬O±q2®a§ë¸ê¤½¥q»{¦C¶i¨Ó¡A
³o2®a§ë¸ê¤½¥q¤§«e°Ýµo¨¥¤H¦b·F¹À¡H
¥L»¡´N¦b¶R½æ¤½¥q¦Û¤vªºªÑ²¼¡A
§Ú­Ì¤~«éµM¤j®©¡A­ì¨Ó¥»·~®Ú¥»¨SÁȨì¿ú¡A¯Âºé¾aª£ªÑ²¼ÁÈ¿ú¡I
¥i¯à¬O¬y¦å·m³æ¡AÀ禬°µ±o«Ü¤j«o¨SÁȨì¿ú¡A
´N±qª£ªÑ¨ÓÁÈ¿ú¡AªÑ²¼18¤¸©Ô¨ì150¤¸½æ¥ú¥ú¡C
³o¬O¤@ºØ§Î¦¡ªº¥´¸~Áy¥R­D¤l¡I

After examining the prospectus, it was found that the contribution of the Shanghai factory was almost negligible. Two investment companies confirmed an investment of NT$1.8 billion, so we asked the spokesperson what these two investment companies were doing. He said that they were buying and selling the company's own shares. Suddenly, we discovered that Dbtel's core operations were not profitable, and the company was solely reliant on stock trading to make money. Despite competing for orders with low profit margins and achieving large sales, the company was not making any profits. The stock price skyrocketed from NT$18 to NT$150, which was merely an appearance and a bluff.

¬Ý¤jÅQ°]³ø¡A¥H«eªºROE¤£°ª¡A2000¦~¬ðµM¸õ¤W¨Ó¨ì34%¡A
¥H¬°¦³¤jÂà¾÷¡A«á¨Ó¤S±¼¤U¥h¡C
2003¦~·d¤F²Ä¤G¦¸¡A¥«³õªº¤ÏÀ³´N«Ü§N²H¡C
¬Õ¦A²v§C¡A³o¬O¥¿½Tªº¡A¦]¥¦¨S¦³±ÇªÅªº°ÝÃD¡A
¥¦¬O§@°²±b¸Ìªº¥´¸~Áy¥R­D¤l¡A
¯}ºì¬O¤§«e³£¥¼°t®§¥X¨Ó¡C

Judging from Dbtel's financial report, the previous ROE was not high. In 2000, it suddenly jumped to 34%, which some people thought was a big turning point, but it eventually fell again. The second time in 2003, the market's reaction was very cold. The PR% was low, which is correct because it had no embezzlement problem. Rather, the company engaged in accounting fraud in order to create an illusion of financial stability. The flaw is that it had never paid out any dividends before.

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 13:58  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¶®·s°µ¦L¨ê¹q¸ôªOªº¡A¦­¦~Àò§QÁÙ¤£¿ù¡A¦³¤pÂE®ü¤§ºÙ¡A
¦]ÁÙ°µ¤@¨Ç²Õ¸Ë¡A·~°È«¬ºA¸òÂE®ü¦³ÂI¹³¡C
«á¨ÓÀò§Q¤£¦æ¤F´NÄé¤ô¡AEPS¥uÁÈ 1 ¤¸¡A
Ä馨3¤¸¡A1 ¤¸¬O¯uªº¡A2¤¸°²ªº¡C
³o´X¦~¨Ó¶}©l¬y¦æ°t²{ª÷´N§â¯uªº 1 ¤¸°t¥X¨Ó¡C
¦]©ì¤í¼t°Ó³f´Ú³QÀËÁ|¤§«á¨Ó¤~³Q¬d¥X¨Ó¡C

Yahsin, a manufacturer of printed circuit boards, enjoyed significant profits in its early years and was nicknamed the "Little Hon Hai" due to its similar business model that also involved some assembly work. However, when profits dwindled, the company resorted to inflating its earnings. This led to an increase in EPS from NT$1 to NT$3, where NT$1 represented the actual value and the remaining NT$2 were counterfeit earnings. In recent years, a trend has emerged where companies distribute dividends by including actual one-dollar bills. It was only after being reported for delayed payments to suppliers that this practice was uncovered.

¶®·s¤ñ¸û¸Þ²§ªº¬O«ü¼Ð¦nÂà§ä¨Ó¤~¬ðµMÃz±¼¡C
ROEºû«ù±Nªñ20%¡A
¬Õ¦A²v¦­¦~°¾°ª¡A³o´X¦~¸¨¨ì¦X²z¤ô·Ç¬ðµMÃz±¼¡C
¤§«e³£¨S¦³°t²{ª÷¡Aªñ¦~¶}©l°t®§¤~Ãz±¼¡C
³Ì¦­®É¤â¤W²{ª÷¤£¦h¡A³Ì«á¤@¦~²{ª÷30»õ¤¸¤~Ãz±¼¡C
¥X¨Æ¤§«eÀç·~¬¡°Ê²{ª÷³£¬O¥¿¼Æ¡C

The Yahsin case is peculiar in that the company experienced a sudden downfall despite improving indicators. Although Yahsin had consistently maintained an ROE of nearly 20%, its PR% had been high in the early years before dropping to a reasonable level. However, it suddenly spiked before the company's eventual downfall. Previously, Yahsin had not distributed cash dividends, and it was only in recent years when it began to do so that the sudden surge in cash allocation occurred. While the company had relatively little cash on hand in its early days, in the last year, it suddenly exploded to NT$3 billion. Prior to the scandal, Yahsin had positive cash from operating activities.

2006¦~¥«³õ¶Ç¨¥¶®·s¦³°ÝÃD¡A
ªÑ»ù¤@¸ô¶^¨ì20´X¤¸¡C¦ÑÁó¥X¨Ó¼á²M»¡¡A
¥L¬O¤@­Ó«H¦òªº¤H¡A¦b¤u¼t³»¼ÓÁÙ³]¤F¦ò°ó½¤«ô¡C
·í®Éı±o©_©Ç¡A¦ÑÁó¬JµM»¡¤½¥q¨S°ÝÃD¡A
¬°¤°»ò¤£¦Û¤v¶RªÑ²¼µ¹§Ú­Ì¬Ý©O¡H
¶®·s¦b¬Õ¦Aªí¤W±q¨Ó¤£´¿¥X²{¡u¦X®æ¡v¨â­Ó¦r¡A
¦]¸³ºÊ«ùªÑ¥u¦³8%¡C
§Ú­Ì­n¨D¸³ºÊ«ùªÑ¦Ü¤Ö10%¡A
³o­Ó«ü¼Ð¬Ý¨Ó¤£°_²´¡A¦b³oÃä¤Sµo´§§@¥Î¡C

In 2006, rumors spread that Yahsin was facing problems, and the stock price plummeted to NT$20. The boss attempted to clarify the situation by stating that he was a believer in Buddhism and had built a chapel on the top floor of the factory. At the time, this explanation struck me as odd, and I wondered why the boss didn't buy shares for us to verify the company's financial stability.

Yahsin never had the word "OK" in On's table, as the directors and supervisors only accounted for 8% of the shares. It was required for the directors and supervisors to hold at least 10% of shares, which appeared to be an insignificant figure but played a crucial role in this situation.

²Ä¤T¨Ò¬OSAY¡A¦L«×³nÅ餽¥q¡A
±Mªù´À¬ü°ê¨T¨®¤½¥q³]­p³nÅé¡A¦b¬üªÑ¤W¥«¡C
2009¦~¶Ç¥X§@°²±b¡Aµê¼W²{ª÷10»õ¤¸¡C
¸³¨Æªø©Ó»{¹L¥h7¦~Àò§Q¸Ø¤j¡C
SAY§@°²±b±q°]³ø¤W¬Ý§¹¥þ¬Ý¤£¥X¥ô¦ó²§¼Ë¡A
ROEºû«ù¦b30%¡A¬Õ¦A²v«Ü§C¡A¨C¦~°t®§¡A
¥X¨Æ¤§«eÀç·~¬¡°Ê²{ª÷¬y¶q³£¬O¥¿¼Æ¡A
§@°²±bÁÙ¬O¦L«×¤H¤ñ¸û¼F®`¡I

The third case is SAY, an Indian software company that specializes in designing software for American automobile companies and was listed on the US stock market. In 2009, falsified accounts were reported, which had inflated SAY's cash by $1 billion. The chairman admitted that the company's profits over the past seven years had been exaggerated. Interestingly, SAY's fraudulent accounts went undetected in their financial reports. The company had maintained an ROE of 30%, a very low PR%, and paid dividends every year. Prior to this scandal, SAY had positive cash flow from operating activities. It seems that when it comes to accounting fraud, Indians are particularly adept at it!

³»³¡
mikeon88
ºÞ²z­û

UID 1
ºëµØ 0
¿n¤À 0
©«¤l 15453
¾\ŪÅv­­ 255
µù¥U 2007-1-14
¥Î¤áµù¥U¤Ñ¼Æ 6305
¥Î¤á¥¢ÂÜ¤Ñ¼Æ 0

µoªí©ó 2018-1-1 14:02  ¸ê®Æ ¥D­¶ ¤å¶° ¨p¤H°T®§ 
¦]¬°¶®·s¸òSAY³o¨â®a¤½¥q¡Aºâ¥¦­Ìªº°t®§²v´N¬O³o¼Ë¡A
¾Ú¦¹¡A§Ú³W©w³Ìªñ3¦~ªº°t®§²v¨C¦~¦Ü¤Ö40%¥H¤W¤~ºâ°t±o¥X²{ª÷¡C
40%ªº¼Ð·Ç§Y±q¶®·s¸òSAY³o¨â­Ó¨Ò¤l±o¥Xªºµ²½×¡C

Based on my calculations of the dividend payout ratios for Yaxin and SAY, I have established a criterion that the dividend payout ratio for the past three years must be at least 40% per year in order to be eligible for cash distribution. This standard is derived from the examples of Yaxin and SAY.

°t®§²v40%³o­Ó¼Ð·Ç¡A
¦³¤H°Ý¡A·|¤£·|¦]¦¹±Æ°£±¼°ª¦¨ªøªº¤½¥q¡H
¤½¥q¦b¦¨ªø¶¥¬q»Ý­n¶R¾÷¾¹³]³Æ¡A°t¤£¥X¤Ó¦h²{ª÷¡C
³o·íµM¦³¥i¯à¡A¤£¹L°ò©óí°·­ì«h¤S¦ó§«¡I
³o­Ó°ÝÃDµ¥©ó¦b°Ý¶RÂE®ü¸ò¤¤ºÒªº®t§O¦b­þ¸Ì¡H
´N¬O¤@­Ó·|Åý§AºÎ¤£µÛı¡A¤@­ÓºÎ±o­»²¢¡C

The dividend payout ratio is set at 40%. In response, someone asked if high-growth companies would be excluded as a result. It is possible that such companies may need to invest heavily in machinery and equipment during their growth stage, leaving them with limited cash on hand. While there may be some risk involved, investing under these conditions can still be a safe choice. This question can be likened to asking about the difference between buying Hon Hai and China Steel Chemical. One may keep you awake at night, while the other can help you sleep soundly.

ÂE®ü§Ú­Ì³£¶R¹L¡A³£ªi¬q¾Þ§@¡A¤£´±±qÀY©ê¨ì§À¡A
¦]¬°¦¨ªø§Ö³t«o°t¤£¥X²{ª÷¡A
Åý¤H¾á¤ß¦¨ªøªº·¥­­¦b­þ¸Ì¡H©È¥¦Ãz±¼¡C
¤¤ºÒ§Ú´N±qÀY©ê¨ì§À¡A«K©y¶R©ê¨ì¶Q¤~½æ¡A
¦]¬°¥¦ÁȪº¿ú9¦¨³£°t®§¥X¨Ó¡A
§Y«KÀò§Q°I°hROE¤]§C¤£¤F­þ¸Ì¡C

We have all bought Hon Hai and engaged in short-term trading as we dare not hold it for the entire term. Its rapid growth does not correspond with cash distribution, which causes concerns about the limit of its growth, and we fear it may experience a sudden decline. On the other hand, I held China Steel Chemical from start to finish. I purchased it at a cheap price and sold it when the price was high. As 90% of its profits are paid out, even if the profit declines, the ROE will not be significantly affected.

¥i¬O¦³¤H»¡¶RÂE®ü27¦~º¦¤F436­¿¡A
©Ò¥H·|ºÎ¤£µÛı°Ú¡I
§Ú¶R¤¤ºÒ8¦~ÁÈ6­¿¥u¦n¬~¬~ºÎ¤F¡C

Some people say that Hon Hai stock has increased by 436 times in 27 years, which causes sleepless nights for investors. On the other hand, I invested in China Steel Chemical for 8 years and earned 6 times my initial investment, which is satisfactory enough for me to take a restful sleep.

³»³¡