Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) +6.4% after-hours on news that the final analysis of a Phase 2 clinical study of an Alzheimer’s drug developed with Japanese partner Eisai (OTCPK:ESALF, OTCPK:ESALY) showed positive results.
• The companies say the study achieved statistical significance on key predefined endpoints evaluating efficacy at 18 months on slowing progression in early Alzheimer’s disease and on reduction of amyloid accumulated in the brain.
• The trial of the BAN2401 drug involved 856 patients with early Alzheimer’s disease and five dose regimens, with the highest dose beginning to show statistically significant clinical benefit as early as six months.作者:
Joe 時間: 2018-7-6 17:55
AC Immune (NASDAQ:ACIU) -11.9% after-hours after an experimental Alzheimer’s disease drug from Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) and Eisai (OTCPK:ESALY) failed to elicit "shock and awe" in presentation data at a medical meeting.
• BIIB also -11.9% post-market even as its BAN2401 drug slowed progression of the earliest stages of Alzheimer’s by 30%, but doctors and patient advocates said more information was needed from larger, longer studies.
• ACIU’s crenezumab currently is in Phase 3 studies for Alzheimer’s disease under a pact with Roche’s Genentech; ACIU’s shares had gained 77% since BIIB and Eisai reported initial data from their study on July 6.
• Source: Bloomberg First Word作者:
ted_17 時間: 2018-7-26 08:11